• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Official Nintendo Pro Controller or PowerA Controller for Nintendo Switch?

User Info: afr1234

afr1234
4 weeks ago#11
Have both.

Go for the Official.

Build quality is so much better.

Power A is more like a secondary/tertiary controller for when you invite people. The build quality isn't that good, uses a cord, doesn't work in table top, etc.

The ones that have motion and are wirelesz use normal batteries and are like 40

Just buy the official one

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
4 weeks ago#12
G-Ziss posted...
So is there a PowerA controller that has motion controls and can be connected with a USB cable if I want to?

No, it’s wireless only and uses AA batteries.
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
Bisexual and proud

User Info: The_Cysko_Kid

The_Cysko_Kid
4 weeks ago#13
I got one from sunwaytek that works very nicely.

User Info: slightlord

slightlord
4 weeks ago#14
I have 8 wired PowerA controllers. I swear by them. I use the Pro style controller for Smash (hate the Gamecube's controller) and the dpad even works well for Street Fighter - which surprised me! I only use joycons for Tetris (Puyo Puyo Tetris, too) and my Pro controller only gets used when playing multiplayer games if someone wants it.
I lost my second born daughter. I hope my pain is one you never EVER experience. In loving memory of Iyolah Phaeri Hassan 3-31-2006

User Info: G-Ziss

G-Ziss
4 weeks ago#15
afr1234 posted...
Have both.

Go for the Official.

Power A is more like a secondary/tertiary controller for when you invite people. The build quality isn't that good, uses a cord, doesn't work in table top, etc.

Some people are saying that the d-pad on the official one doesn't work very well though.

User Info: afr1234

afr1234
4 weeks ago#16
G-Ziss posted...
afr1234 posted...
Have both.

Go for the Official.

Some people are saying that the d-pad on the official one doesn't work very well though.

The sticks in the power A aren't very good quality; so pick.

The d pad issue is really overblown
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Official Nintendo Pro Controller or PowerA Controller for Nintendo Switch?
  • Topic Archived