• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I don't get Monster Hunter.

User Info: MightyBaconX

MightyBaconX
1 month ago#71
I'm not gonna fault the people who went into this series alone because the game demand a lot out of you as a player, and a lot of times it doesn't explain things well like how to properly use each weapon or how you need to approach a hunt.

I get it, you tried it and got frustrated, and chalked it up to bad game design or clunky mechanic. I'm just saying, there is a proper way to play MH, and you need to put in the work to learn all of it's intricacies. Not 15 min here or an hour there either. You can try it many times for an hour each, and that would still amount to a whole lot of nothing in the grand scheme of trying to learn a MH game. Every MH games require you at least 20 hours minimum to fully get comfortable, and that's with assistance from friends who know what they're doing or researching videos from hunters with more experience than you.

I also understand that MH is not for everybody, and even with all the assistance and research you still don't enjoy it, then move on to something else. Not all games are made for everyone.

User Info: Rhio2k

Rhio2k
1 month ago#72
I didn't like MH until 4. Before I'd tried all the psp versions. They all were ugly, and felt janky. 4 came out, and the movement felt more responsive, the graphics were WAY better. Everything was ..."right". After that, no looking back. MH is awesome. Still can't play anything older than 3. They just looks terrible. Haven't had a chance to try Portable 3rd on psp or ps3. Mh 4 life.

User Info: DeliFlatChest

DeliFlatChest
4 weeks ago#73
MightyBaconX posted...

I also understand that MH is not for everybody, and even with all the assistance and research you still don't enjoy it, then move on to something else. Not all games are made for everyone.

While this is completely true.

"Everyone" praising a game, so you trying it out because "everyone" thinks its good, then you end up being disappointed makes you question whether the problem is with the game or yourself though.
&&&&
"""""""""""""""""""""""

User Info: Zero280

Zero280
4 weeks ago#74
Honestly didn't care for the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate demo either I mean killing Plesioth in 20mins and my first time playing MH was a major pain in the ass not knowing half the mechanics and the son of a b**** kept swimming to the other side of the map to make matters worse.

Anyway having said all that my outlook changed on the series after playing MHW on ps4 it's definitely easier for the most part thanks to the quality of life improvements to it so who knows maybe you'd like that one better.
https://psnprofiles.com/ShadowLink3000
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I don't get Monster Hunter.
  • Topic Archived