• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I don't get Monster Hunter.

User Info: CoinFlipBimbo

CoinFlipBimbo
1 month ago#1
Tried the demo on Wii U and didn't like it. I didn't get it either.

Then I tried the full game on PSP (as a PS Plus game) and it was okay I guess. I only played for like 20 minutes but I was just chasing a monster or something around.

And today I played the Monster Hunter Ultimate something demo because the full game is on sale. I couldn't get into it. I just don't get it. I kept attacking a monster for like 5 minutes or more.

No one is going to change my mind about the game.

But I'm curious what you like about it.
http://i.imgur.com/v73OhsZ.gif

User Info: EverLastingFate

EverLastingFate
1 month ago#2
Not my kinda game either.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
SW-2157-1573-6419

User Info: mattfrank

mattfrank
1 month ago#3
It's not for everyone.We don't care you get it or not.
US 3ds FC:Bafflin 0533-4048-3637
Jpn 3ds FC:Mattfrank 3909-8121-4346

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
1 month ago#4
mattfrank posted...
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: Romshark

Romshark
1 month ago#5
I got Monster Hunter World on the PS4 last year, because my friends were all into it. We played together online.

I was either getting constantly killed, or was doing boring-as-dirt "investigations."

That and Destiny 2 were probably my biggest regret game purchases of 2018.

User Info: MegaMan200X

MegaMan200X
1 month ago#6
The game is definitely not for everyone, but the demos really dont give a just view of the gameplay. Its a throwback to old-school game design in which you die, learn patterns, develop skills and become awesome. Rinse repeat for several.hundred hours.
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!

User Info: Dirak

Dirak
1 month ago#7
CoinFlipBimbo posted...
I just don't get it. I kept attacking a monster for like 5 minutes or more.

It a game about hunting monsters... did you expect something different?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjrQEsqcvpM
Some music goes with everything.

User Info: Todd134

Todd134
1 month ago#8
It’s not really much of a game where you can spend like 10 minutes and say “ok I get all this game has to offer already” and then be done with it. You have to invest time (give it like 5 or so hours) and be willing to learn the mechanics and the monster battles, then you will find a whole different side of the game that wasn’t apparent before

That said, I enjoy the series very much, and how much capcom has evolved the little aspects of the games to make them flow better. It’s a fine series and I’m glad capcom decided to take a chance on it and bring it over here
GT: Todd186
PSN ID: Todd289 Switch FC: SW-2478-3986-5579

User Info: Kyoshiro12345

Kyoshiro12345
1 month ago#9
Baha05 posted...
mattfrank posted...
Demon EYES Kyo
Kyoshiro Mibu

User Info: MightyBaconX

MightyBaconX
1 month ago#10
It takes roughly 20 hours, give or take depending on how skillful you are at learning a game, for someone to get comfortable with MH, and that's not "beating" the game or "gittin' gud", but the bare minimum you need to put in just to know what you're doing.

MH is a game with many systems and mechanics for everything that you do, and you simply cannot pick it for 15 minutes or even a couple of hours, and expect to fully know how to play it. This is, in part a fault of the old school game design of MH, because it require that you learn a lot of these things from playing or watching tutorials of better players.

Personally, I enjoy the methodical combat, and the intricacies of every weapon, and how much time you need to put into the game in order to "git gud" at that weapon. I love fighting a majority of the monsters in the game, and the continuous loop of killing a monster, carving it for materials, and crafting better equipment to fight better monster.

Mind you, I've gotten to this point of loving this series from playing hundreds of hours in each iteration of the game since my first MH, which was Freedom Unite on the PSP. You cannot and will not know what Monster Hunter is unless you heavily invest your time into learning all of it's intricacies.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I don't get Monster Hunter.
  • Topic Archived