• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Two new versions of the Switch coming out later this year, per WSJ

User Info: 2Dover3D

2Dover3D
3 weeks ago#1
https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-to-launch-two-new-switch-models-11553494773

Nintendo Co. plans to launch two new versions of its Switch gaming console as early as this summer, people familiar with the matter said, as the company seeks to sustain sales momentum for the product going into a crucial third year.

One version will have enhanced features targeted at avid videogamers, although it won't be as powerful as Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 4 Pro or Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox One X, according to parts suppliers and software developers for Nintendo who have early access to a prototype of the machine.

The other version is a cheaper option for casual gamers that Nintendo sees as a successor to its aging hand-held 3DS device, the suppliers and developers say.
Playing: Assassins Creed: Odyssey (PC), Fallout 4 (PC)

User Info: kungpowchicken

kungpowchicken
3 weeks ago#2
If a Switch Pro came out, I'd buy it.
i7-9700K|MSI Armor GeForce RTX 2070|MSI Z390-A Pro|XPG Z1 16 GB|240 GB WD SSD + ADATA 480 GB SSD + 1 TB 7200RPM WD HD
PSN: kungpowchickn/ STEAM: KungPowChicken

User Info: DrProfessor

DrProfessor
3 weeks ago#3
kungpowchicken posted...
Same. Providing it has better battery life.
"either you tuck your shirt into your pants or you tuck your pants into your shirt. either way something is being tucked."
Giant_Aspirin

User Info: Trumpanzee

Trumpanzee
3 weeks ago#4
kungpowchicken posted...
http://imgur.com/yhwKmWf http://imgur.com/thN3GU8
I'm watching all the time

User Info: Yewolife

Yewolife
3 weeks ago#5
Nice, I was worried theyd do one or the other in terms of going pro or more portable, but here they are doing both. Awesome (hopefully).

Haha definitely have my eyes set for a new pro version, and hopefully a animal crossing bundle.

User Info: RussiaOne

RussiaOne
3 weeks ago#6
kungpowchicken posted...
Yes, I am

User Info: FinalFantasyer

FinalFantasyer
3 weeks ago#7
Lol at least Sony and Microsoft waited 4 years before they released their rehashes. Nintendo is doing it after 2 years...
PSN: Novigrad_
SW-1345-9332-2527

2Dover3D
3 weeks ago#8
FinalFantasyer posted...
Lol at least Sony and Microsoft waited 4 years before they released their rehashes. Nintendo is doing it after 2 years...

2 and a half years actually. But screw facts I guess

User Info: Esticamelapixa

Esticamelapixa
3 weeks ago#9
2Dover3D posted...
FinalFantasyer posted...

2 and a half years actually. But screw facts I guess

And PS4 for example was launched in November 2016, 3 years after the original launched in November 2013. But like you mentioned, screw facts when you have an agenda.

2Dover3D
3 weeks ago#10
Oh the dude edited to 2 when I was quoting it. It originally said 1 year
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Two new versions of the Switch coming out later this year, per WSJ
  • Topic Archived