• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Which 2 games out of these 4 would you recommend I start with?

User Info: Arcanine2009

Arcanine2009
4 weeks ago#11
chaosslayer posted...
I may narrow it down to one single player game and one multiplayer game!

So either Mario or Zelda and Mario Kart or Smash Bros.

In that case botw and Mario kart. You could get smash instead of Mario kart, but it does have a lengthy story. Honestly you can't go wrong with either. Go with which ever games you want to play the most
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.

User Info: wordscansay

wordscansay
4 weeks ago#12
Have you played much in any of the series? Should be an easy choice.

SBU is probably the best Smash game, top 3 for sure.

Odyssey is a must if 64 and Sunshine are your favorite 3d Mario's.

Mario Kart 8 Dx is one of the better Mario Karts, but may not be different enough if you owned 8 on Wii U.

BotW is probably the most difficult to gage without experience, but if you enjoy exploring/open world more than dungeon crawling in Zelda games this is a must. It's my favorite Zelda game as someone who's played them all.

User Info: Jack_the_monke7

Jack_the_monke7
4 weeks ago#13
BotW and Smash
King Boo for Super Smash Bros!
StarD86 is forever my hero

User Info: wordscansay

wordscansay
4 weeks ago#14
I'd go BotW and either Smash or Kart.

User Info: Jack_the_monke7

Jack_the_monke7
4 weeks ago#15
wordscansay posted...
SBU is probably the best Smash game, top 3 for sure.

That’s kind of a funny stat when there are only 5 total lol. “Top 3” could also mean “middle of the pack” in this case.

Though I agree it is the best Smash.
King Boo for Super Smash Bros!
StarD86 is forever my hero

User Info: arumagesuto

arumagesuto
4 weeks ago#16
BotW and mario kart seems like a solid pick. I have to stress, however, that smash and mario kart will get awfully dull quite quickly if you don't have people to play with, be it online or in person. If that's no limitation, then no prob. I have to add that I've never played odyssey and that I have only played smash in single player.
Pokemon Y IGN: Edd, 3DS FC: 1821-9943-3387
FE Fates Castle: 14457 60946 29887 62176

User Info: ComradeSlowpoke

ComradeSlowpoke
4 weeks ago#17
BotW and Smash

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
4 weeks ago#18
chaosslayer posted...
1) Zelda: BOTW
2) Super Mario Odyssey

Just these two.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is fine, but it's not as good as these two. Smash Ultimate...there's an upcoming update to help flesh out its barebones single player content, so I'd say wait a little for the game to get updated through and through unless if you're in it mainly for the multiplayer content.
Can we get some more Smash Ultimate Single Player Content, Sakurai-san?
R.I.P. Miiverse 2012 - 2017. R.I.P. Miitomo 2016 - 2018.

User Info: HerbieHusk

HerbieHusk
4 weeks ago#19
I mean these are basically the four best games on Switch (disregarding multiplayers). Just start with whatever two fit your fancy and buy the others at a later date.

If it’s going to be a while until your next purchase though, I’d go with the better timesinks (Zelda and Ultimate).

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
4 weeks ago#20
1) Mario Kart 8 (safe choice and the go to ninty multiplayer game since the very first one)

2) Breath of the Wild

3) Odyssey

4) Smash Ultimate (online isn't as good as MK, and it definetely is a more risky pick)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Which 2 games out of these 4 would you recommend I start with?
  • Topic Archived