• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Playstation will copy Nintendo's directs & will have their 1st direct monday

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
4 weeks ago#1
Playstation will have their first direct on Monday 2pm pacific.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-reveals-state-of-play-stream-will-have/1100-6465770/

It will be called, "State of Play."

I guess Sony is copying Nintendo.
Favorite NFL Team: The Los Angeles Rams
(message deleted)

User Info: Judgment100

Judgment100
4 weeks ago#3
It's an interesting choice and they're bound to get some backlash from it.

Personally, I prefer mini-presentations peppered throughout the year, like Nintendo does its directs, over a big E3 conference, so I like this approach. It's clear that they're following in Nintendo's footsteps. Some people will like it. Others won't.
And if this world won't write me an ending...
Delivering my brand of judgment since 2007.

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
4 weeks ago#4
Judgment100 posted...
It's an interesting choice and they're bound to get some backlash from it.

Personally, I prefer mini-presentations peppered throughout the year, like Nintendo does its directs, over a big E3 conference, so I like this approach. It's clear that they're following in Nintendo's footsteps. Some people will like it. Others won't.

I'm guessing, Sony will have an E3 direct as well. They won't be physically at E3, but they will show a prerecorded press conference.
Favorite NFL Team: The Los Angeles Rams

User Info: Kyle1022

Kyle1022
4 weeks ago#5
Sony copying Nintendo, again? What a shock!
PC (4k/60Hz and 1080p/144Hz) | Switch | Wii U | Wii | GC | N64 | SNES | NES | PS4 Pro | PS3 | PS2 | PS1 | N3DS | DSi | GBA | GBC | Vita | PSP

User Info: Judgment100

Judgment100
4 weeks ago#6
supertecmobowl posted...
I'm guessing, Sony will have an E3 direct as well. They won't be physically at E3, but they will show a prerecorded press conference.

I agree with this prediction. I think they're going to stop trying the big flashy E3 junk because it isn't working for them.

Kyle1022 posted...
Sony copying Nintendo, again? What a shock!

And here we go.
And if this world won't write me an ending...
Delivering my brand of judgment since 2007.

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
4 weeks ago#7
no company has ever done something like this other than nintendo.

they are the first, and only, to ever do it.

so anyone that does something like this is copying nintendo. fact.
i was born at night, but not tomorrow night.

User Info: Alfieri_x

Alfieri_x
4 weeks ago#8
Judgment100 posted...
And here we go.

Well, this is most likely true. However, it is not like Nintendo has a patent for something like that. So, if this gets good results, I think it is great that Sony is also doing it.
"Who throws barrels at people? What are you, some giant ape who's made off with a pretty wench?" - Guillo

User Info: DarkDemon373

DarkDemon373
4 weeks ago#9
0ofreako0 posted...
no company has ever done something like this other than nintendo.

they are the first, and only, to ever do it.

so anyone that does something like this is copying nintendo. fact.

At the same time though: Who the f*** cares?

User Info: Sony4theWin

Sony4theWin
4 weeks ago#10
Sony is generally bad when it comes to copying Nintendo. Sony should stick to its own strengths rather than keep on trying to copy Nintendo and failing.

- PS Move failed to take off in comparison to the Wii.
- PS Classic bombed immensely compared to the NES / SNES classics.
- PS Vita bombed compared to the 3DS
- Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale tried to copy Super Smash Bros. but failed to achieve the same level of success Smash Bros. did and currently does.
PlayStation: Greatness Awaits?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Playstation will copy Nintendo's directs & will have their 1st direct monday
  • Topic Archived