• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why is joycon drifting such a common problem for Switch owners?

User Info: kranix1

kranix1
4 weeks ago#11
Because low quality product.

After losing billions of dollars all generation off of Wii U and 3DS (which isn't nearly the success people like to believe it is), Nintendo seriously couldn't afford to spend capital on making the product better.

Now that Switch has been selling well, they can release a new model and phase Joy-Cons out completely. They'll make millions off of screwing people over and they'll be praised for it, like usual.
Starting to believe what Nintendo did was intentional (Tropical Freeze)- NotKarmicDragon

User Info: characterz3ro

characterz3ro
4 weeks ago#12
$300 dollars and they can't even make a joystick that works. f*** nintendo.
...but it's only the beta!!!

User Info: kanzagi321

kanzagi321
4 weeks ago#13
All consoles have hardware issues. It’s hardly something that only happens on switch.

User Info: Foxfire15

Foxfire15
4 weeks ago#14
Celica_Returns posted...
The sad thing is that fanboys will try to pretend that JoyCon drift doesn’t exist. Pathetic!

I've had no issues with mine personally /shrug
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the rapid deceleration.....
*shoves next poster off a cliff*

User Info: BenjaMan64

BenjaMan64
4 weeks ago#15
Luckily I finally had my right Joy Con joystick fixed. Took it to the local Technology Plaza, a guy fixed it for $250 MXN (Around 12-13 USD).

I do hope that future Joy Cons are better built. Nintendo is famous for their products' quality, and the drift being a common issue speaks bad of them.

kanzagi321 posted...
All consoles have hardware issues. It’s hardly something that only happens on switch.

My poor phat PS3... I still haven't decided what to do with it. Just trash it? Sell it for its pieces at the Technology Plaza?

Fortunately I haven't had the Auto-eject problem with my PS4 lately, at least.
Check yourselves for Hepatitis C. By the time symptoms show up, it may be too late to prevent permanent damage.
Rest in peace, Mom. 12/08/1947-11/10/2018.

User Info: Chuck_1stw

Chuck_1stw
4 weeks ago#16
kanzagi321 posted...

Insecurity much? TC didn’t mention anything about this being only about Nintendo.

User Info: Sekiro

Sekiro
4 weeks ago#17
ive had the Switch for about 2 years and i never experience this issue. I don't have a pro controller either and all I use are the joycons.
Never thought I'd miss the food on Corneria.

User Info: Fierce_Deity_08

Fierce_Deity_08
4 weeks ago#18
Finally had the left Joy-con start drifting. Shrugged and replaced it with the left Joy-con from mom’s Switch. She hardly ever uses it and will only use it for Animal Crossing anyway. Quick and cheap fix.
Official Fierce Deity in my own mind.
GT: OnikaraStar, PSN: Onikara, NNID: OnikaraStar

User Info: spiritomolto

spiritomolto
4 weeks ago#19
Drumguy posted...
sandstormflygon posted...
The build quality of the switch in general is cheep.

https://www.mariowiki.com/File:CheepCheepSMB.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF_-5pZ_kxY
The black dog runs at night.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why is joycon drifting such a common problem for Switch owners?
  • Topic Archived