• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why Nintendo never remade the 2 NES Zelda games?

User Info: 6-19-7

6-19-7
1 month ago#1
Question.
Not a native english speaker - Post-ALBW Zelda detractor - If you're not a Metroid fan and don't give any form of support to it, you are my enemy

User Info: Heracylost

Heracylost
1 month ago#2
Zelda 1 isn't all that impressive in current era. And they did sort of, with their SNES online thing in Japan.

Zelda 2 I guess they could. You'd have to do some seriously heavy work tho. It's nobody's favorite.
That was a great time, the summer of '71 - I can't remember it, but I'll never forget it. Lemmy Kilmister

User Info: stop3

stop3
1 month ago#3
Heracylost posted...
It's nobody's favorite.

I have read multiple people here on gamefaqs (and elsewhere) state that #2 is their favorite.

User Info: GanglyKhan

GanglyKhan
1 month ago#4
Is there anything to really build off of in the original game? I feel like all the following 2D Zeldas simply capitalize on what made the original game great and worked on polishing it. A remake of that game would be a step back for the series as a whole unless they went in a Zero Mission/Samus Returns type direction. But just slapping a new coat of paint on it wouldn't be exciting at all, they'd need to give it some modern updates even if it isn't a 1:1 remake at that point.
Now Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening
One game at a time...

User Info: megamanshawn

megamanshawn
1 month ago#5
stop3 posted...
Heracylost posted...
It's nobody's favorite.

I have read multiple people here on gamefaqs (and elsewhere) state that #2 is their favorite.

Don't you know if s/he doesn't like it nobody does. That is most users on here though.
Switch Friend Code- SW-1499-3041-3426
Psn megamanshawn1981

User Info: I_like_BigButts

I_like_BigButts
1 month ago#6
BotW started off as a remake of the original, or at least that's how they were testing it out, if I remember articles correctly

zelda 2 on the other hand...unless they remake it as a demake ala Shovel Knight, Ducktales, etc....there's no real benefit to remaking it...the only way I would see a 3D/modern remake would be just injecting a current era zelda with a leveling up system
and I can not lie

User Info: Heracylost

Heracylost
1 month ago#7
megamanshawn posted...
stop3 posted...
Heracylost posted...
It's nobody's favorite.

Don't you know if s/he doesn't like it nobody does. That is most users on here though.

This is true. Some have horrible tastes in games however, we don't count those.
That was a great time, the summer of '71 - I can't remember it, but I'll never forget it. Lemmy Kilmister

User Info: megamanshawn

megamanshawn
1 month ago#8
@Heracylost that is why I don't listen to your opinion.
Switch Friend Code- SW-1499-3041-3426
Psn megamanshawn1981

User Info: stop3

stop3
1 month ago#9
Heracylost posted...
megamanshawn posted...
stop3 posted...
Heracylost posted...
It's nobody's favorite.

This is true. Some have horrible tastes in games however, we don't count those.

It's absolutely silly to say that it's nobody's favorite when you actually know for a fact that it really is the favorite of many people.

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
1 month ago#10
because nintendo has never remade a zelda game until very recently.

also

zelda 2 > 95% of zelda games
i was born at night, but not tomorrow night.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why Nintendo never remade the 2 NES Zelda games?
  • Topic Archived