• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Cuphead wasn't the "like Mario on Playstation" thing was it?

User Info: Jamie64326

Jamie64326
4 weeks ago#21
__Fiale__ posted...
Nertak posted...
What?

There was some rumours floating around, where the guy used the wording "like Mario on playstation".

__Ryoki__ posted...
__Fiale__ posted...
I'm a bit confused. I really hope not because I absolutely hate cuphead.

Why tho

I absolutely hate the style of animation. I just don't like that old Tom & Jerry look. Even though I grew up in that era: I'm 33.

You do realise that both the art style and Tom & Jerry are way before your time. You're looking at the 20s/30s with the art style and I think Tom & Jerry was from the mid-late 30s.

User Info: Solis

Solis
4 weeks ago#22
You clearly must be thinking of 40 Winks.

http://img4.imagetitan.com/img4/LCU3oO2ch0qVIMq/19/19_40.jpg

claude26 posted...
I saw a headline claiming the art style is racist. I didn't read the article though because I bet it was a dumb.

It was dumb, yes.
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review

User Info: GigantLuffy

GigantLuffy
4 weeks ago#23
I think MCC is gonna be the "Mario on Playstation" game that Zell mentioned. That's because the game is on Steam rather than being a Windows Store exlcusive. If MS isn't using MCC to promote Windows Store, then clearly they don't care if that game becomes multiplat.
The Cat of Dojima
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMZSnbSgz4U

User Info: SSMajinVegeta2

SSMajinVegeta2
4 weeks ago#24
No it wasn’t
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
Satoru Iwata, 1959 - 2015 RIP GP God bless

User Info: Garethc78

Garethc78
4 weeks ago#25
__Fiale__ posted...
Nertak posted...
What?

There was some rumours floating around, where the guy used the wording "like Mario on playstation".

__Ryoki__ posted...
__Fiale__ posted...

Why tho

I absolutely hate the style of animation. I just don't like that old Tom & Jerry look. Even though I grew up in that era: I'm 33.

Mate, your 33 not 70+!!!

The style of animation that cuphead animates is heavily influenced by 1930’s art-deco animation. Think steamboat willy, Betty boop and felix the cat. I’m 40 and didn’t grow up in that era! - I and to an extent you grew up with the animation styles of Saban etc (Think transformers G1, M.A.S.K etc)

That’s not to say the 30’s style isn’t amazing and cuphead is a day one for me as I don’t own an xbone.
3DS FC - 0018-0160-7304 - Taff
PSN - taff1337 Switch - 4968-6775-4086

User Info: Jack_the_monke7

Jack_the_monke7
4 weeks ago#26
__Fiale__ posted...
Nertak posted...
What?

__Ryoki__ posted...
__Fiale__ posted...

Why tho

First of all you didn’t “grow up in that era.” The era of that style was much before your time. Second of all, you’re tossing around the phrase “absolutely hate” way too liberally and it’s making your stance much harder to take seriously. That’s a pretty ridiculous hyperbole given the context here, and you’ve thrown it out there twice now.
King Boo for Super Smash Bros!
StarD86 is forever my hero
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Cuphead wasn't the "like Mario on Playstation" thing was it?
  • Topic Archived