• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Stadia might destroy other home consoles, but cant compete with Switch.

User Info: WonkyKong

WonkyKong
4 weeks ago#1
The Switch is a pure portable console, that can be played anywhere, no restrictions.
Combining that with the best exclusives ever, and you have a system that is unrivaled.

However, Stadia was over twice the power of PS4, which just sits under a TV by an internet connection anyway, so its safe to say Sony is in panic right now.

Switch and Stadia combo looking quite clean.
http://f-zero.jp/download/images/f-zero_wp_d.jpg
http://2dforever.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/img226.jpg

User Info: PS4Warrior

PS4Warrior
4 weeks ago#2
Awesome.
PS4 - Because it was the next gen console i was the most interested in.
Warrior - Because i usually pick the Warrior class in MMORPGs when i played them.

User Info: Alfieri_x

Alfieri_x
4 weeks ago#3
That Candy Crush is going to be ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!
"Who throws barrels at people? What are you, some giant ape who's made off with a pretty wench?" - Guillo

User Info: ZenithianHero

ZenithianHero
4 weeks ago#4
You don't own Stadia's games. I would rather buy a digital only Playstation 5. It'll take a lot for me to be on board with Stadia.
My blog | http://zenithianhero.tumblr.com/
Sega news site | http://www.segalization.com/

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
4 weeks ago#5
Streaming-only = flop by default.
"Be a big boy and come play legit games on the main platforms with us!" - some users on the Nintendo Switch board.

User Info: Sony4theWin

Sony4theWin
4 weeks ago#6
Indeed. In fact Switch is a potential candidate to receive the services of Stadia in addition to Microsoft’s streaming services. With how increasingly relevant the Switch is becoming it will may be a battleground between streaming services and the Switch will benefit from a massive library of games to stream. When the Switch gets a price drop then sales will explode
PlayStation: Greatness Awaits?

User Info: Master_Materia

Master_Materia
4 weeks ago#7
My issues with this are two.
1. Streaming in general is fine and I love it for movies but what about license b.s. and other regions? When we buy a game from another region we can play it anywhere with a region free console but what about streaming games? You can already see with things like Netflix or Amazon Video region locks due to licensing b.s. So with streaming games imagine certain games only being available to stream in certain regions. So if you live in the US but want a Japan only game importing may no longer be an option and streaming may not be allowed due to licensing. That gets worse if you live in a small market that may not even have access to the service at all.

All digital still allows the purchase from other markets and playabilitt in your market.

This would be my chief concern.

2. I dont trust the infeststion Google. Its bad enough to rule the phone market with Android/Play Store, Youtube, search engine, etc. I dont want them expanding and ruling over yet another market. They are far worse than MS ever was.

User Info: Hop103

Hop103
4 weeks ago#8
That thing can't crush anything with a 150 mbps internet requirement, that's only 10% of the US.
"In the name of the future moon I shall punish you"-Chibi Moon

User Info: BinBinricecake

BinBinricecake
4 weeks ago#9
Ah, so your true nature of this account is just self ego dick rubbing on the next big thing you THINK can s*** on people for not liking. No wonder very little respond to you.
I don't blame Japan for picking disaster as the kanji to represent 2018. Just look at the internet in it's pathetic state!

User Info: Yomigaeru

Yomigaeru
4 weeks ago#10
That 10.7 teraflops doesn't mean much when there will be a significantly smaller install base.

4K/60fps streaming? How many people does Google think has the kind of internet package to support that? Certainly not the majority of the US. Asia might be able to swing it, but they're going to fall well short of their "everyone" ambition when you're going to need expensive (and possible inaccessible) bandwidth just to play games. The Project Stream thing they ran last year (with AC Odyssey) apparently required 6-8 Mbps/down to get good results. What's the requirement going to be for 4K (and the 8K they're targeting for the future)?

Even this "games as a service" era we live in, there are still only a relatively small number of games that absolutely require an internet connection to function. Requiring a "robust" internet connection for all of your games isn't going to make games more accessible, in my opinion.
Plus-sized Elf is my baseline for T H I C C. Busty girls with otherwise slender proportions do not qualify.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Stadia might destroy other home consoles, but cant compete with Switch.
  • Topic Archived