• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Do people expect too much out of a Nintendo Direct

User Info: AndyMacG09

AndyMacG09
1 month ago#1
Do people expect too much out of a Nintendo Direct? - Results (126 votes)
Yes
82.54% (104 votes)
No
17.46% (22 votes)
This poll is now closed.
It's only been a month since the last direct and some people are already asking for another one. Despite being disappointed, they come back every time expecting Melee HD or an FZERO game. Every time we get a New Direct, fans will get stupidly excited, and then b**** and whine when they don't get what they want, but that won't stop them from over hyping the next direct.
Switch FC: 1832-8838-9971
We got a god damn Piranha Plant in Smash when we could've gotten Skull Kid or Isaac...

User Info: Faiyez

Faiyez
1 month ago#2
Call it "expecting too much" if you will. I'm seeing it as the deep-seated hope that Nintendo in 2019 manage to maintain some semblance of relevancy.
I think they've taken the freedom and liberty thing a BIT TOO FAR!
-GlowStormLion on Japan's kinks.

User Info: ChaseTron2084

ChaseTron2084
1 month ago#3
At this point, people expect to be blown away by the reveals. If the reveals don't wow them enough, they complain.

AndyMacG09
1 month ago#4
Faiyez posted...
Call it "expecting too much" if you will. I'm seeing it as the deep-seated hope that Nintendo in 2019 manage to maintain some semblance of relevancy.

I agree with you. I also desire Nintendo to remain relevant and often use the Nintendo Directs to soothe my anxiety. However, I am not worried about the Nintendo Switch's games lineup for now
We got a god damn Piranha Plant in Smash when we could've gotten Skull Kid or Isaac...

User Info: ai123

ai123
1 month ago#5
A satisfactory Direct will contain lots of games that the viewer wants, and also a few that they didn't know they wanted until they saw them.

Anything less and they'll be complaints.

AndyMacG09
1 month ago#6
ai123 posted...
A satisfactory Direct will contain lots of games that the viewer wants, and also a few that they didn't know they wanted until they saw them.

Anything less and they'll be complaints.

Exactly. I was fine with the direct because it contained my most anticipated game (aside from Prime 4) and, surprisingly, had a somewhat lengthy trailer. I'm referring to Maker 2

User Info: markd23

markd23
1 month ago#7
Short answer is yes. This applies to many facets of life. People struggle with tempering expectations to levels even remotely realistic or reasonable. They also struggle to hold themselves accountable for these expectations when they are inevitably disappointed.
Currently Playing: | Destiny 2: Forsaken (PS4) | RDR2 (PS4) |
Wanting Yamauchi, Yokoi, and Iwata to rise from the grave is asking for too much?

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
1 month ago#9
Yes, and if something isnt discussed that they like they get mad and complain.
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Final Fantasy 7 Remake

User Info: Ralizah

Ralizah
1 month ago#10
I don't know if it's that they expect too much. Instead, they go in expecting one particular thing and discount major announcements that aren't that one thing they care about.

This idiocy gets particularly irritating when it's fueled by baseless rumors to begin with.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Do people expect too much out of a Nintendo Direct
  • Topic Archived