• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is Google Stadia the Switch killer?

User Info: AuraChannelerCh

AuraChannelerCh
3 months ago#91
It may not kill the Switch, but it may kill wallets something fierce.
I'm sure Goku's character won't get any worse in the final arc of Super.

User Info: Bat178

Bat178
3 months ago#92
Ugh, yet another American competitor. We really need another Japanese one, since Nintendo are the only one left (Sony moved their gaming division/Playstation to America 3 years ago).
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html

User Info: Super-Mario-Fan

Super-Mario-Fan
3 months ago#93
As others have pointed out, if your Wi-Fi service goes down due to a storm or something, you're f***ed.
I only buy my games physical.
Upcoming purchases: Yoshi's Crafted World, Dragon's Dogma (only if all on cart), Crash Team Racing (only if all on cart)

User Info: IloveElite

IloveElite
3 months ago#94
New! Google Stadia exclusive games announced now!

https://i.imgtc.com/tdt8AQj.jpg
Playing: (Switch - Skyrim) (PS4 - AC:Origins)
Normal and Proud.

User Info: edward17

edward17
3 months ago#95
Super-Mario-Fan posted...
As others have pointed out, if your Wi-Fi service goes down due to a storm or something, you're f***ed.

I mean I get your point, but most times if my wifi is out during a storm, your power is most likely out.

so no gaming regardless.

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
3 months ago#96

Sure, but how rarely does that really happen to the vast majority of people? 2-3 times a year perhaps... for just a few hours when it does?

Hardly enough to matter and not really a real issue or else we'd constantly hear about how much Netflix, Hulu, Prime etc... suck for the exact same reason.

User Info: finalrush7

finalrush7
3 months ago#97
gjc2007 posted...
Google isn't going to be killing anything.

I feel like reality isn't going to actually smack people in the face though until they feel the lag in their hands, and end up having to deal with ads before they load a stream, and then periodically throughout their streaming time.

Like I can just imagine you pausing the game for a bit to go to the bathroom (or just looking for player inactivity), and then playing an ad when you try to resume playing.

Almost right. :P
First, Google will severely damage the potential of MS and Sony, and then the ads will roll in slowly.
"Today, we use our power to fell a god"
Best 4 games of all time: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Xenoblade, Xenoblade X, Xenoblade 2

User Info: Bat178

Bat178
3 months ago#98
edward17 posted...

I mean I get your point, but most times if my wifi is out during a storm, your power is most likely out.

so no gaming regardless.

That's what the Switch is for. You can play it even if the power is out.
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
3 months ago#99
ponyseizures posted...
I'd say the answer is no. Looks like Ouya 2

Or the Atari VCS, no threat since those dont support physical media.
The Atari VCS is the donkey of the generation, its hilariously bad. Hahaha
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Final Fantasy 7 Remake

User Info: PaulFoster

PaulFoster
3 months ago#100
edward17 posted...

so no gaming regardless.

Not always. We've only had two power outs in the past 20+ years here but the net goes down quite often, sometimes for 1-2 hours, sometimes for 4-5 hours, sometimes for a day and last year we lost it for 3 full days.

Stadia can gtfo.
Religion is false hope. The fear of death caused men to create a made up story to give them a feeling of comfort.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is Google Stadia the Switch killer?
  • Topic Archived