• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is Google Stadia the Switch killer?

User Info: ponyseizures

ponyseizures
4 weeks ago#111
El_Zaggy posted...
It's funny to see all 3 boards(switch, ps4 and xone) trying to downplay Google.

Lots of damage control.

Nah I love Google. I've got the Pixel, Home and I use all kinds of Google programs. But they probably know more about me than I do about myself at this point.

You also can't deny that the product they showed today demonstrates that they have very little to no knowledge of the PSNow disaster, and they want to stream high-demand games on low power equipment? Can't wait to see Crowbcat's YouTube compilation of crashes and overheating.

Google+, Google Glasses and Google Lively are all turning in their graves. They just have not learned.
4124-4997-6171

User Info: gjc2007

gjc2007
4 weeks ago#112
El_Zaggy posted...

Lots of damage control.

There's not really anything to downplay...What Google is trying to do is going to fail spectacularly (for anything that isn't a turn based game of some kind) because they're about a decade too early, at minimum. The infrastructure just isn't in place for something like this on a wide scale.

Under optimal conditions, their "demo" had something like 160ms of input lag, and the dude had to push a button 3 times to do a basic jump.

Plus they didn't give a price point.
Console wars are stupid

User Info: ken95

ken95
4 weeks ago#113
lmao that s*** is going to fail hard.

User Info: Cactrot

Cactrot
4 weeks ago#114
Stadia could be used on the Switch.

*galaxy brain explosions*
drexl235: wow....... not even achievements. whats the point

User Info: kinggravy

kinggravy
4 weeks ago#115
gjc2007 posted...
El_Zaggy posted...

Lots of damage control.

There's not really anything to downplay...What Google is trying to do is going to fail spectacularly (for anything that isn't a turn based game of some kind) because they're about a decade too early, at minimum. The infrastructure just isn't in place for something like this on a wide scale.

Under optimal conditions, their "demo" had something like 160ms of input lag, and the dude had to push a button 3 times to do a basic jump.

Plus they didn't give a price point.

Will your opinion be the same when MS reveals their streaming box?
FC: 2852-7398-0118

User Info: luigi33

luigi33
4 weeks ago#116
I can see the potential here...not going to lie.

It'd be awesome if Google announces a gaming-centric smartphone that uses Stadia. Maybe a Android with slide-in buttons and analog. Make it have the same features as the Stadia controller.
3DS FC: 5370-0672-9935
Steam ID: Xcyper33

User Info: 587Deathking

587Deathking
4 weeks ago#117
El_Zaggy posted...

Lots of damage control.

https://twitter.com/Andrewmd5/status/1108060689350877185?s=19

Yeah doesn't sound cool
Reading internet jokes- http://tinyurl.com/qdxttnh
Reading a poorly written argument- http://tinyurl.com/o3f3nne

User Info: spaceludes

spaceludes
4 weeks ago#118
Cactrot posted...
Stadia could be used on the Switch.

*galaxy brain explosions*

How well did RE7 streaming do on the Switch in Japan?

User Info: elephvant

elephvant
4 weeks ago#119
El_Zaggy posted...

Lots of damage control.

Yeah... but no.

Before this was revealed did you see lots of people excited about streaming games? What's that? No you didn't. Did you, in fact, see lots of people hating the idea of streaming games, saying they'd never pay for them, laughing at the idea? You did? All over the place in pretty much every topic in which streaming is mentioned?

So tell me again how this is 'damage control'...

The vast majority of gamers hated the idea of streaming yesterday and they hate it today. Their general reaction to this is completely consistent.
Currently Playing: Tales of Vesperia
Switch FC: SW-4616-4310-4138

User Info: neji721

neji721
4 weeks ago#120
Not when most internet providers will have decent enough internet. 10 years too early I'd say.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is Google Stadia the Switch killer?
  • Topic Archived