• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is Google Stadia the Switch killer?

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
2 months ago#101
edward17 posted...
I mean I get your point, but most times if my wifi is out during a storm, your power is most likely out.

so no gaming regardless.

That's not really true at all, internet lines are far easier for a storm to knock out than power lines.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: edward17

edward17
2 months ago#102
Bat178 posted...
edward17 posted...
Super-Mario-Fan posted...
As others have pointed out, if your Wi-Fi service goes down due to a storm or something, you're f***ed.

I mean I get your point, but most times if my wifi is out during a storm, your power is most likely out.

so no gaming regardless.

That's what the Switch is for. You can play it even if the power is out.

i mean yeah but for like 2 hours. But i'm not here to s*** on the switch and I love it. I defintley think Google isn't going to "kill nintendo" however I do think Google can be a serious competitor for Xbox/Sony.
It all depends on how serious they want to be in this industry.

Google from 2009 is not the same Google in 2019. They have more resources and no I don't mean in technology I mean in cold hard cash. If they want to drop $$ on some cold hard exclusives or time exclusive...they can do it.

to me it depends on how serious they are with this. They can pull it off. It's just a matter of effort.

I'll wait out a bit before I say it will flop or be a success.

User Info: El_Zaggy

El_Zaggy
2 months ago#103
It's funny to see all 3 boards(switch, ps4 and xone) trying to downplay Google.

Lots of damage control.

Cyber Akuma Zero
2 months ago#104
El_Zaggy posted...

Lots of damage control.

People on the PS4 board seem to be praising it, and giving the usual "LOL you are a dinosaur afraid of change" that people ALWAYS tend to bring up to sound smart and discredit any criticism of a new tech/gadget that has clear issues.

I remember people making the same arguments with Windows 8's UI
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: edward17

edward17
2 months ago#105
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
edward17 posted...

so no gaming regardless.

That's not really true at all, internet lines are far easier for a storm to knock out than power lines.

idk about that, I've never had the internet disconnected me from a storm unless my whole power gets disconnected. Of course I'm talking from personal experience.

It all depends on how your power is distrubted in your area too. In my area it's actually pretty f***ed. I have power disconnected more often than internet.

However that's just me it could different in other areas.

Cyber Akuma Zero
2 months ago#106
edward17 posted...
idk about that, I've never had the internet disconnected me from a storm unless my whole power gets disconnected. Of course I'm talking from personal experience.

It all depends on how your power is distrubted in your area too. In my area it's actually pretty f***ed. I have power disconnected more often than internet.

However that's just me it could different in other areas.

Definitely the complete opposite here, and power really isn't supposed to be that easy to break, since it's a standard utility wired to every house on a grid and is government regulated. Internet is different as it's installed individually on a per-home basis and owned by a private company.
Gamertag in profile

User Info: TerraFlareKSFL

TerraFlareKSFL
2 months ago#107
To answer the topic title: No. Its never gonna have the exclusive titles from Sony and Nintendo. Plus, this is just Ouya but with Google's logo on it.
PSX, PS2, PS3, PSVita, PS4, Wii, WiiU, Nintendo Switch

User Info: Valiant_Kaiser

Valiant_Kaiser
2 months ago#108
Streaming is dumb. I'd rather find a new hobby.

Cyber Akuma Zero
2 months ago#109
TerraFlareKSFL posted...
To answer the topic title: No. Its never gonna have the exclusive titles from Sony and Nintendo. Plus, this is just Ouya but with Google's logo on it.

More of an OnLive with Google's logo on it, but yeah.
Gamertag in profile

User Info: OMEGA RUGAL

OMEGA RUGAL
2 months ago#110
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
El_Zaggy posted...

Lots of damage control.

People on the PS4 board seem to be praising it, and giving the usual "LOL you are a dinosaur afraid of change" that people ALWAYS tend to bring up to sound smart and discredit any criticism of a new tech/gadget that has clear issues.

I remember people making the same arguments with Windows 8's UI

Im in one of the main topics on PS4 board ... overall negative post about it from my perspective.
PSN/NNID/Live: Loadedklip Recent Games: DMC5,ResEvil2,SmashUlt,SotTombRaider,GodofWar,DeadCells,AxiomVerge,IJ2, NierAuto, HollowKnight, Ori&TBF,MarioOdy
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is Google Stadia the Switch killer?
  • Topic Archived