• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Question about Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

User Info: supermichael11

supermichael11
1 month ago#1
I want to ask are there any ranking system in this game like Mario Kart 7 DS? I hope there isn’t because in Mario Kart 7 there was things locked unless a player got all 3 stars.

Getting the highest rank is really hard when there are unavoidable blue shell and spamming red shells.
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/ dragon ball forum
http://midnighttavern.forumotion.com/ Must be over 18 years old to join.

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
1 month ago#2
Nothing is locked behind trophies. Instead there is a coin system.
Every 100 coins you collect from races unlocks a new car, wheel, or glider.
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | New 3DS | Wii | DS lite | GCN + GBP | GBA SP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360

User Info: doomturtle

doomturtle
1 month ago#3
GuitaristMatt posted...
Nothing is locked behind trophies. Instead there is a coin system.
Every 100 coins you collect from races unlocks a new car, wheel, or glider.

This isn't entirely true. You need to get a gold trophy (number of stars does not matter) in all twelve 200cc cups to unlock something.
You also need a gold trophy with at least one star in all twelve Mirror Mode cups to unlock something.
And lastly, it doesn't involve trophies, but you need to beat all 48 Time Trial staff ghosts in 150cc to unlock something.
Other than that, you'll need a total of 5000 coins to get the final part.
O I forgot about the Z button, it's so small. - oddnumber
That's your weiner my friend. - Bogey316

User Info: fereydoom

fereydoom
1 month ago#4
the online is active? easy to find a game? i want to buy this game, but i want to play online after i done with the AI.
'Welcome to Gamefaqs. Where there are no Mods, only children with power. Where trolling is encouraged, and there is no time for logic or sense.

User Info: chex81

chex81
1 month ago#5
fereydoom posted...
the online is active? easy to find a game? i want to buy this game, but i want to play online after i done with the AI.

Online is still very active
XBL/PSN/NID: chex81

User Info: xoftheuniverse

xoftheuniverse
1 month ago#6
Honestly, I have dodged blue shells on MK8 and gotten 3 stars on all the speeds besides 200 and there is only one thing I could not unlock, and that's beating the staff ghosts specifically one of them. Big Blue. It's the only one I couldn't beat... *sigh*
The following terms are used by the people they describe: fanboy, noob, scrub, kiddy.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
4 weeks ago#7
fereydoom posted...

Very active, and it will probably stay active for a very long time. MK8 is the best selling game on Switch.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Question about Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Topic Archived