• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Did you like the story of Link's Awakening?

User Info: Awesome-Oreo

Awesome-Oreo
4 weeks ago#11
Link's Awakening doesn't have any story of note. It's a condensed, unapologetic gameplay-driven game that spits in the face of modern walking sims and interactive movies.
You wouldn't buy half a burger, would you?
The officially ordained Necrid of the SoulCalibur VI boards

User Info: Usabell

Usabell
4 weeks ago#12
Awesome-Oreo posted...
Link's Awakening doesn't have any story of note. It's a condensed, unapologetic gameplay-driven game that spits in the face of modern walking sims and interactive movies.

This is actually a good thing. Looking forward to getting it on Switch!
Consoles shouldn't be about 480p, 720p, 1080p or the prettiest slideshow.
They're about a magical box that outputs wonderful streams of 60 images per second.
Questionmarktarius 4 weeks ago#13
Awesome-Oreo posted...

It's still quite linear, though.
Well, in the "opening world" sense. It's not a one-way trip.

User Info: Azardea

Azardea
4 weeks ago#14
Yeah, it was interesting. ...Except for the dick move in the ending like someone mentioned. >_>
Doubt I'll like the remake as much because of that artstyle, but oh well.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL68FD0D7F63715384
Questionmarktarius 4 weeks ago#15
Azardea posted...
Doubt I'll like the remake as much because of that artstyle

It's like a 60s Rankin-Bass christmas special come to life. How is that not awesome?

User Info: Azardea

Azardea
4 weeks ago#16
Questionmarktarius posted...
Azardea posted...
Doubt I'll like the remake as much because of that artstyle

It's like a 60s Rankin-Bass christmas special come to life. How is that not awesome?

Everything looks like plastic toys. Just not a fan :/
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL68FD0D7F63715384

User Info: kungpowchicken

kungpowchicken
4 weeks ago#17
Never played it. Why is Chain-Chomp in it?
i7-9700K|MSI Armor GeForce RTX 2070|MSI Z390-A Pro|XPG Z1 16 GB|240 GB WD SSD + ADATA 480 GB SSD + 1 TB 7200RPM WD HD
PSN: kungpowchickn/ STEAM: KungPowChicken

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
4 weeks ago#18
Not really much of a story. The mid-game revelation is pretty much given away by the game's title, though realizing the gravity of what that means is still impactful.

I wasn't able to fully wrap my head around the Wind Fish's words the first time through, but replaying it later on, I really liked that final sentiment. Although Kololint is doomed by its very nature as a dream, it will live on in the hearts and memories of those who experienced it, that being the real Koholint. That extends not only to the Wind Fish and Link, but to the player, and every player. From one Kololint that must cease to exist, is born a Koholint in all who share the dream. When I understood that, I thought it was a really cool side to the overall sadness of the ending.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully. R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
Omega Ruby Secret Base - https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrht5cvsjiyfnrj/SecretBase.JPG

User Info: Pharsti01

Pharsti01
4 weeks ago#19
Eh, personally, i never like any story that pulls off the It was all just a dream/illusion/whatever, but it didnt happen!

User Info: Silly_One

Silly_One
4 weeks ago#20
It's the story of my dreams!
This isn't a signature.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Did you like the story of Link's Awakening?
  • Topic Archived