• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Friend's left joycon has been acting weird since day 1

User Info: Layton_Kyouju

Layton_Kyouju
4 weeks ago#1
It’s not a drifting issue. And it’s not lag.

For some reason whenever he’s playing Splatoon 2, often when he goes into squid form to move somewhere inside the ink the character refuses to budge. Like the controller is receiving no input from the analog at all.
This happens 2-3 times a match and really screws his escapes.
He doesn’t want to send it for repairing since the closest Nintendo-approved place to do that is in another state. And no he can’t send the joycon all the way to US to fix either. That’d take ages and be a ripoff.

Is this a known issue? Anything he can do on his own about it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muW-ADqEt3o

User Info: Drumguy

Drumguy
4 weeks ago#2
Is it only happening in Splatoon when he's trying to swim under the ink?
"A hero rises to right the wrongs of Hyrule" - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

User Info: stop3

stop3
4 weeks ago#3
Maybe his knee is in the way and it’s cutting off the fairly weak signal. My joycon has cut out for that reason before.

My PS4 controllers sometimes cut out if anyone runs the microwave.
Go look up "joycon foam"

Layton_Kyouju
4 weeks ago#5
Drumguy posted...

Yes. In fact he can stand again and shoot and stuff. It’s happening randomly when trying to swim around.

I don’t think it can be a signal issue. My Switch is older than his and I can play fine in the same room as him.

User Info: Drumguy

Drumguy
4 weeks ago#6
Layton_Kyouju posted...
Drumguy posted...

Yes. In fact he can stand again and shoot and stuff. It’s happening randomly when trying to swim around.

I don’t think it can be a signal issue. My Switch is older than his and I can play fine in the same room as him.

That might be it. Does it happen when you are playing together? Or only when he's playing?

Sorry, I don't have Splatoon 2 so I don't even know if you can play together on the same Switch.
"A hero rises to right the wrongs of Hyrule" - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
4 weeks ago#7
I had issues not unlike this. Turned out that there was an issue with the antenna or something in the actual Switch. Anyway, if it's covered by the warranty, Nintendo will cover shipping and handling, so best to get it resolved sooner than later.
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!

Layton_Kyouju
4 weeks ago#8
It happens when he’s alone too.

JonnyBoyFF posted...
I had issues not unlike this. Turned out that there was an issue with the antenna or something in the actual Switch. Anyway, if it's covered by the warranty, Nintendo will cover shipping and handling, so best to get it resolved sooner than later.

Do they really cover shipping even for brazilian? And how do I check the warranty?

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
4 weeks ago#9
Oooh, I do not know about Brazilian; sorry. They gave me a 1 year warranty, so I imagine it's the same for your friends.
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Friend's left joycon has been acting weird since day 1
  • Topic Archived