• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Any opinions on the Sega Genesis compilation?

User Info: TheJVSquad

TheJVSquad
1 month ago#1
I think it's like, 30 Sega bangers in one bundle for 30 dollars.

What's your opinion on this?

User Info: Emi3280

Emi3280
1 month ago#2
I have it, it's pretty nice. It is inferior to the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for the PS3/360, but it gets the job done. Some notable omissions are Sonic 3 & Knuckles and the Ecco the Dolphin games. Would I recommend the collection? Yeah, totally.
Switch FC: SW-2774-1787-6198 // PSN: MrLoneWanderer
"The two most important days in life are the day you are born and the day you find out why."

User Info: QueenTakhisis

QueenTakhisis
1 month ago#3
I grew up with the NES, Genesis and all that, though mainly focused on my Commodore 64. Never even had a console of my own until the PS1. I think there are some decent games in the collection, but for the most part, I find the choice of games really weird. There are some classic there, like Golden Axe, Streets of Rage and Phantasy Star, but there are also tons of games you've probably never heard of. I would get it on sale, and even then mainly if you grew up with these games.
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown."
~ H.P. Lovecraft ~

User Info: cleanchris

cleanchris
1 month ago#4
Emi3280 posted...
I have it, it's pretty nice. It is inferior to the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for the PS3/360, but it gets the job done. Some notable omissions are Sonic 3 & Knuckles and the Ecco the Dolphin games. Would I recommend the collection? Yeah, totally.

This, pretty much. It's got 51 games.

Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection IS better, there's stuff missing from that, like the titles Emi stated, as well as no Megadrive games. It was nice having Phantasy Star I-IV under one roof.

Everything runs pretty decently with the patches, but I did notice that (at least in handheld mode) the game kicks my Switch's fan on pretty consistently, which is odd, but probably due to poor optimization. File size is probably as big as it is because of the 3D hub; which is set up like a nerdy bedroom, which is neat.

Regardless, 51 games for 30 bucks is a sweet deal. If you want these games on Switch, it really can't be beat.
Jesus loves you!

User Info: Retro_Gamer_80s

Retro_Gamer_80s
1 month ago#5
I have it on PS4 and have since it came out day-one. It's not quite as good as the last genesis game collection on the 360/ps3 last gen.. "Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection." That one had many arcade games to unlock. This collection this time doesn't. Which actually kinda let me down. The collection is fine as it is, but the online co-op play in some of the games is abysmal. Lag and all, on PS4 I mean.

But still, it's a ton of Genesis games for fairly cheap, and for Switch, and you can play this collection on the go, too.
Gamefaqs... the ONLY "social" site online where you get yelled at FOR being social and asking questions.

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
1 month ago#6
If I didn't already have the Sonic's Ultimate Collection, I would probably get this. I guess I basically do have it on Steam though, and it's cool there. For Switch, I'm picking up the Sega Ages games as they come out instead.
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!

User Info: Jinzo 111887

Jinzo 111887
1 month ago#7
Get it on Steam. I suspect there's more games there. My count says it's 58.
Putting basic functionality of a system like online multiplayer and the ability to back up data behind a premium membership shows little faith in it.

User Info: metaphysician

metaphysician
1 month ago#8
As a non-Sega fan, I enjoyed it quite a lot. I can't speak for how good the emulation is, mind, other than "better than AtGames by a long shot". I mostly played the RPGs.

I would say that, if you like a good chunk of the games on it, and don't already have some other better compendium? Give it a try.

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
1 month ago#9
It has loads of great classics. Good buy.

User Info: jeffyg3

jeffyg3
1 month ago#10
Only thing I didn’t really like about it is the unnecessary clunky game selection system...but overall a great collection. I just wish they resolved the music license for games like the sonic game they weren’t able to include, but to have this collection on the go...legally that is...is amazing.
http://images.nintendolife.com/media/4763/full.jpg
Forza Motorsport - the pinnacle of racing games.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Any opinions on the Sega Genesis compilation?
  • Topic Archived