• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why do New Super Mario Bros elitists always put down Mario Maker creators?

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
1 month ago#21
They're only doing it in response to that other topic you made.
Game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVQm69J7bGScbv3_50C0dA

User Info: 587Deathking

587Deathking
1 month ago#22
Terminuse posted...
IrateGameFAQer posted...
Red_Maxx_XIII posted...
Terminuse posted...
Why do New Super Mario Bros elitists always put down Mario Maker creators? “Hey, f*** your pretty awesome level thay you spent a lot of work on, because it exists alongside enemy spam therefore all levels in this game are bad.”

Because Mario Maker levels fall into one or more of three categories:

1. Boring auto-scroll music levels.

2. Over-cramped, over-crowded mazes with bat-s***-insane difficulty (Kaizo Mario) where you need to carry objects over excessively long distances and glitch through walls to beat.

3. Pixel art levels.

No one makes levels that would fit into a traditional Mario game format. If Nintendo said "here's level-making software, make a full Mario game out of the tools provided" and all anyone would make is ~100 levels of Kaizo Mario bulls*** or various combinations of the other two categories I mentioned mixed in with the Kaizo Mario dreck.

No one makes their own take on "1-1" style basic levels, and then more levels that would take place after it, with a slow build in difficulty as they went on. Nope, instant rage-inducing nightmares, that's all anyone makes.

watch out, TC will ignore this, or it really thinks the user made levels are actually good/superior to nintendo developed ones.

Honestly yes, I should’ve ignored it, because it’s a brainless post that can’t fathom the idea of simply SEARCHING for traditional levels

It’s this simple

1. Go to Mario Maker bookmark

2. Search for traditional levels in your preferred theme and style

3. Bookmark all the levels

Bam. It’s that easy. But apparently, for some people, wasting 60$ on a port filled with bland levels is somehow a better idea.

So one glance at the website and it more or less showed the same as the Wii U game or auto levels or super experts levels, so yeah not that different.
Reading internet jokes- http://tinyurl.com/qdxttnh
Reading a poorly written argument- http://tinyurl.com/o3f3nne

User Info: RasterGraphic

RasterGraphic
1 month ago#23
I love these make-a-game style software toys, don't get me wrong. Mario Maker, RPG Maker, LittleBigPlannet, Blast Works ... I eat that stuff up.
But even I have to admit there's some grain of truth to Sturgeon's Law. Most people aren't game designers.
"Well, thanks to the Internet, I'm now bored with sex."
- Philip J. Fry

User Info: BabyLuigiOnFire

BabyLuigiOnFire
1 month ago#24
how can you be an "elitist" of a f***ing new super mario bros children's game for kids like that makes no sense
I'm Baby Luigi's biggest fan, a rather cantankerous female.
Left 4 Dead 2 is the best Mario-based shooter.

User Info: Ku-Ri-Boh

Ku-Ri-Boh
1 month ago#25
BabyLuigiOnFire posted...
how can you be an "elitist" of a f***ing new super mario bros children's game for kids like that makes no sense

"It's just for kids so your argument is invalid xD"

A post worse than the entire thread and after 20+ posts have been made to answer your question

f***ing amazing
I know what your name stands for dude. SexyDragonTidal. You furries... or whatever you guys call yourself... you guys make me sick and have made me afraid to se

User Info: Rorrrr

Rorrrr
1 month ago#26
They didn’t look hard enough for good levels I guess. There are tons out there.
Sans Earthbound, Ness Undertale, Geno Earthbound, Hatred Mario, Nightmario Luigi.
Ebic style, it's gamer time. Anyway I choose E. Despacito Spider.

User Info: BabyLuigiOnFire

BabyLuigiOnFire
1 month ago#27
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
BabyLuigiOnFire posted...

"It's just for kids so your argument is invalid xD"

A post worse than the entire thread and after 20+ posts have been made to answer your question

f***ing amazing

it's just video games calm the f*** down
I'm Baby Luigi's biggest fan, a rather cantankerous female.
Left 4 Dead 2 is the best Mario-based shooter.

User Info: CaIiber345

CaIiber345
1 month ago#28
Stop being a fanboy shill troll. It’s sad and pathetic and embarrassing.
Big business has ruined video games. Gamers have ruined gaming.
Make me a mod. I'll clean this place up.

User Info: Darkhawk

Darkhawk
1 month ago#29
It's time to stop.

User Info: Layton_Kyouju

Layton_Kyouju
1 month ago#30
Uh what?
Online the majority of gamers love to bash the NSMB games. If anyone is an elitist it’s the anti NSMB crowd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muW-ADqEt3o
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why do New Super Mario Bros elitists always put down Mario Maker creators?
  • Topic Archived