• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Going from a Wii to Switch. Nintendo does DLC for their games now?

User Info: The_shoemaker

The_shoemaker
3 weeks ago#21
You'll find the DLC for Nintendo's games to be pretty unobtrusive. Generally just extra content for the games. I haven't seen any first party Nintendo games sell microtransactions on Switch.

We might see it with Smash Bros. Given that the Wii U smash had Mii costumes you could buy for a few dollars each, I would expect to see that again.

In general DLC has been a good thing. Mario Kart 8 is straight up a better game with DLC.

User Info: RS_YELARAKA

RS_YELARAKA
3 weeks ago#22
Yeah, DLC is totally awesome now...
[RSG] Red Screen Gaming
GT - YELARAKA / Switch FC: 1432-0183-6634

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
3 weeks ago#23
kranix1 posted...
mnkboy907 posted...
Nintendo has a pretty good track record with their DLC practices. There are some misses, like Fire Emblem Echoes' season pass costing more than the game itself, but then other stuff like Xenoblade 2 is just incredible.

Nintendo doesn't have anything to do with Monolith Soft's DLC, but ok...

And BotW's DLC destroys your argument completely. It's probably the worst DLC I've ever bought for a game. Being forced to buy BOTH packs just to revisit places I've already been, literally jumping through hoops to access "new" content... yeah, real great track record there.

“They did bad one time, and I’m gonna pretend they don’t own Monolith Soft so that I don’t have to admit Nintendo did something good.”
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t

User Info: Layton_Kyouju

Layton_Kyouju
3 weeks ago#24
BotW’s season pass is a ripoff though

That aside their dlc is usually worth it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muW-ADqEt3o
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Going from a Wii to Switch. Nintendo does DLC for their games now?
  • Topic Archived