• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Going from a Wii to Switch. Nintendo does DLC for their games now?

User Info: saspa

saspa
1 month ago#1
Heard about this when I was reading on one of the prospective games I'm getting (the recent zelda game) for the console. So does that mean they do complete editions that host the game and full dlc? Just wondering what's the best way to get a game with all the extra stuff included, like how other companies release game of the year editions and such.
http://i.imgur.com/0UFI0T9.jpg

User Info: fratalien

fratalien
1 month ago#2
As of now, I don’t think they release complete editions.
"My dad owns a dealership!"

User Info: Chlamydialight

Chlamydialight
1 month ago#3
They havent done that that im aware of as of yet. Id imagine theyd only do that if they were porting the game to another system. Thatswhat they tend to do with the wiiu ports it looks like at least.

User Info: DynoStretch

DynoStretch
1 month ago#4
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Hyrule Warriors Definite Edition are ports of the Wii-U versions but with all the DLC, plus plenty of extras. Is that anything like what you're talking about?
"Sony and MS both gave us good systems last generation so their greed is justified." ~ xF0x
Switch Friend Code - SW-7742-3950-7408

User Info: saspa

saspa
1 month ago#5
Well I am getting mario kart 8 switch edition as it'll be my first mario kart since ds and wii, so there's that.

My personal feelings of glumness over nintendo having joined the Online/DLC fray aside, I'm just wondering what it will be like now when buying their games. With the other companies they have those little microtransactions like $0.99 for a new sword or weapon or costume or nonsense like that, and I'm wondering if that's what Nintendo will be doing or if their DLC is more substantial. Anything on an expansion pack level would be the idealized point.
http://i.imgur.com/0UFI0T9.jpg

User Info: mnkboy907

mnkboy907
1 month ago#6
Nintendo has a pretty good track record with their DLC practices. There are some misses, like Fire Emblem Echoes' season pass costing more than the game itself, but then other stuff like Xenoblade 2 is just incredible.
Change is weird.

User Info: sundown

sundown
1 month ago#7
saspa posted...
Heard about this when I was reading on one of the prospective games I'm getting (the recent zelda game) for the console. So does that mean they do complete editions that host the game and full dlc? Just wondering what's the best way to get a game with all the extra stuff included, like how other companies release game of the year editions and such.

Honestly that is one of the gaming practices that I wish nintendo would adopt but seeing their games tend to maintain their value for a long time it is not likely...
So far they do it but only for games that are ports like Hyrule warriors. Though I am still curious if we will see complete editions of third party games that already have a normal edition already on switch (like dragon ball fighterz for example). Maybe there already are but I can't think of any.

User Info: ViniciusFernand

ViniciusFernand
1 month ago#8
sundown posted...
Maybe there already are but I can't think of any.

Mario & Rabbids. THere is a gold version, but I think it comes with a code for the DLC, instead of having it all in a cartridge.

mnkboy907 posted...
Nintendo has a pretty good track record with their DLC practices. There are some misses, like Fire Emblem Echoes' season pass costing more than the game itself, but then other stuff like Xenoblade 2 is just incredible.

Also have to agree with this, the Xenoblade season pass was excellent (new chars, sidequests, challenges and a prequel, that was a complete new game), Splatoon 2 DLC was full of content and expanded the Splatoon universe a lot.

And I'm not the biggest fan of DLC (I'm a cheapskate), but I did nont regret the ones I bought.

User Info: VanderZoo

VanderZoo
1 month ago#9
I never thought I'd see the day where a Zelda game had a season pass.
We are Gamefaqs, opinions are prohibited.

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
1 month ago#10
Something tells me tc already knows the answer.

saspa posted...
Just wondering what's the best way to get a game with all the extra stuff included, like how other companies release game of the year editions and such.

Yeah, not buying it.
"Be a big boy and come play legit games on the main platforms with us!" - some users on the Nintendo Switch board.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Going from a Wii to Switch. Nintendo does DLC for their games now?
  • Topic Archived