• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Are Krystal and Panther dead? (Star Fox)

User Info: PrinceSquare

PrinceSquare
4 weeks ago#21
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
If they wanted to completely bury Krystal they likely would not have made her an assist trophy in Smash Ultimate

I think Krystal is still fair game. Leon might be done
CP: Octopath Traveler, Paladins, Super Smash Bros Ultimate

User Info: Blorfenburger

Blorfenburger
4 weeks ago#22
I really hope so
I use inverted controls. Also I hate fandoms.
I'm the Assman. Come on boy you know what I'm all about.

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
4 weeks ago#23
They're out of the spotlight because Nintendo likes to pander to nostalgia blind people who think every Star Fox game after 64 is trash, so they set Zero in a pre-Adventures point in time because having Peppy instead of Krystal is a shallow way to gain shallow favor. "Look guys! It's Peppy! You like Peppy, right? Please buy this game.".

Krystal did not ruin Star Fox. I have Adventures laying around somewhere but have barely touched it, Assault is well enough (I disagree with its scoring system because especially around Sauria Gold, it kind of makes you have to deflect from the objective in order to get enough kills to make par, the game evidently thinking it more important that you jackass around and look for things to shoot than beeline toward the spawners that you need to destroy to clear the mission), and Command doesn't have anything particularly nasty about its mechanics. Fog of War is usually stupid, and it's stupid in Command, but that's the worst of it. Mechanically it does everything it sets out to do to an acceptable level. Never touched Zero. Point being that while in some cases a character can intrinsically ruin a series, this is not one of those cases. At her very worst you could call her furry bait.

Always blame the writer, not the character (even a series ruining character only does so as a result of the writer). Krystal is a tool, just like all characters in fictions are tools in service to the story. Indeed, Peppy is a tool that Nintendo is using to cull, as I said, shallow favor. It's not something you can hold against the character, just like you shouldn't hold Command's writing going down the tubes (if you think it did, I don't think I ever paid enough attention to the plot of that game to care one way or the other) against Krystal. Just take it easy, it's useless to get so wound up about video game stories.

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 weeks ago#24
Sailor_Razor posted...
They're out of the spotlight because Nintendo likes to pander to nostalgia blind people who think every Star Fox game after 64 is trash, so they set Zero in a pre-Adventures point in time because having Peppy instead of Krystal is a shallow way to gain shallow favor. "Look guys! It's Peppy! You like Peppy, right? Please buy this game.".

Krystal did not ruin Star Fox. I have Adventures laying around somewhere but have barely touched it, Assault is well enough (I disagree with its scoring system because especially around Sauria Gold, it kind of makes you have to deflect from the objective in order to get enough kills to make par, the game evidently thinking it more important that you jackass around and look for things to shoot than beeline toward the spawners that you need to destroy to clear the mission), and Command doesn't have anything particularly nasty about its mechanics. Fog of War is usually stupid, and it's stupid in Command, but that's the worst of it. Mechanically it does everything it sets out to do to an acceptable level. Never touched Zero. Point being that while in some cases a character can intrinsically ruin a series, this is not one of those cases. At her very worst you could call her furry bait.

Always blame the writer, not the character (even a series ruining character only does so as a result of the writer). Krystal is a tool, just like all characters in fictions are tools in service to the story. Indeed, Peppy is a tool that Nintendo is using to cull, as I said, shallow favor. It's not something you can hold against the character, just like you shouldn't hold Command's writing going down the tubes (if you think it did, I don't think I ever paid enough attention to the plot of that game to care one way or the other) against Krystal. Just take it easy, it's useless to get so wound up about video game stories.

And even folks who like Miyu and Fay seem to be left in the dust.
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde / Linne main team in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
4 weeks ago#25
To cut it short, they got f***ed because their debut game didn't get officially released when it was supposed to. It's as simple as that.

User Info: Lee7

Lee7
4 weeks ago#26
Hopefully they never come back.
-Sense, this makes none-
-AMD Duron 650 @ 400 MHz / NVIDIA TITAN Xp / 2TB ram / 8MB HDD / Windows ME/ Some random PSU / Sony FW-900 24" CRT monitor-

User Info: Jack_the_monke7

Jack_the_monke7
4 weeks ago#27
Amakusa posted...
Star Wolf can have anyone in it they like as long as Leon is still there.

Now this I can get behind

PrinceSquare posted...
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
If they wanted to completely bury Krystal they likely would not have made her an assist trophy in Smash Ultimate

I think Krystal is still fair game. Leon might be done

Uh.... you mean Panther might be done?
King Boo for Super Smash Bros!
StarD86 is forever my hero
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Are Krystal and Panther dead? (Star Fox)
  • Topic Archived