• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Are Krystal and Panther dead? (Star Fox)

User Info: Jack_the_monke7

Jack_the_monke7
4 weeks ago#1
Should we let them Rest In Peace? - Results (61 votes)
Yup. They're in the past now.
37.7% (23 votes)
Probably, though we might get a reference in the future
14.75% (9 votes)
Probably not, they'll show up somewhere down the line
16.39% (10 votes)
No. Nintendo can't just ignore them, they'll show up again
21.31% (13 votes)
Panther is dead, Krystal will come back in some form
9.84% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The last few Star Fox releases did not feature these two characters. They were understandably absent in the Star Fox 64 remake on the 3DS, they didn’t show up at all in Star Fox Zero, they of course do not appear in Star Fox 2, and now Starlink is bringing in more Star Fox characters, with these two still MIA. Their last real appearance (aside from Smash) was back in 2006. Is there any place for them in the Star Fox franchise moving forward?

I added the last option because Krystal is by far the more popular of the two and she has more credentials to her name. She had a significant role in Adventures before Panther even existed, and she had a significantly larger role than him in both Assault and Command, including being playable in the former’s multiplayer mode. Just recently, she was added to Smash as an Assist Trophy while Panther is merely a sticker.
King Boo for Super Smash Bros!
StarD86 is forever my hero

User Info: Hejiru

Hejiru
4 weeks ago#2
Yes, as they should be.
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy

User Info: bathsalts

bathsalts
4 weeks ago#3
yeah

Jack_the_monke7
4 weeks ago#4
Bump

User Info: LuigiRok

LuigiRok
4 weeks ago#5
Bring Miyu and Fay in instead. Have one of the two turn on the team and switch to Star Wolf, so that they can be each other's rivals.

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8
4 weeks ago#6
Star Fox Zero was a reboot, retelling the original story. Krystal and Panther weren't present until later events, so it doesn't make all that much sense that either would be in Zero (as both of the pilots they took over for were active pilots in Zero).

User Info: DakotaDusty

DakotaDusty
4 weeks ago#7
Considering the fact that Krystal wasn't originally even gonna be a Star Fox character, they might be trying to retcon her out of existence.
"In summation: You suck. I win. You lose. Take care now. Bye-bye, then."

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
4 weeks ago#8
Nonsense.
http://i.imgur.com/OiYWxRT.jpg

Jack_the_monke7
4 weeks ago#9
I’m just not sure if it’s so easy to ignore Krystal. She earned some haters, but had a lot more fans. There was a stretch where she was legitimately one of the most highly requested additions for Smash. They even added her as an Assist Trophy in Ultimate despite more than a decade of complete absence from the Star Fox series. Regardless of why she is popular, she is popular. Considering Star Fox isn’t nearly as recognizable as it used to be, she’s proving one of its more enduring elements, in spite of no new appearances in a main game.

Panther never really bothered anyone. Most fans were cool with him, and many preferred him to Andrew and Pigma as a member of Star Wolf. He’s definitely significantly more forgettable than Krystal, but it seems a shame to throw him away just because he wasn’t in 64.

Of course, a lot of this is dependent on where the Star Fox franchise even goes from here. There are a lot of options and picking up after Assault/Command is seeming less likely all the time. It seems more realistic that these two would have to bet on a new introduction if they were to show up again.

Jack_the_monke7
4 weeks ago#10
LuigiRok posted...
Bring Miyu and Fay in instead. Have one of the two turn on the team and switch to Star Wolf, so that they can be each other's rivals.

Which one goes bad?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Are Krystal and Panther dead? (Star Fox)
  • Topic Archived