• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Anyone else go Nintendo-only partially out of spite of Sony becoming American?

User Info: Bat178

Bat178
1 week ago#1
Sony moved their console division to the US/California in 2016, and have been focusing primarily on gritty edgy Hollywood-style American/Western games since then and started their censorship bulls*** on Japanese games. I was pissed when I heard about it, and it felt like a betrayal to me who grew up with the PS1 and PS2 when they were truly Japanese and focused mainly on Japanese games, which, coupled with Nintendo being the only console maker who still focuses on Japanese games as well as the colorful cartoony types of games I like (with Sony canning most of theirs like Sly Cooper, Ape Escape and Ratchet and Clank, and most of the third party games I'm interested in coming to Switch anyways) and Sony's fanboys being incredibly aggressive and obnoxious led to me only getting a Switch this gen. Not to mention Sony are getting even more Westernized with a Brit now being the CEO. What about you?
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html

User Info: PacificFun

PacificFun
1 week ago#2
No because I can't play Gravity Rush 1 and 2 on a Nintendo Switch.
A bit of a pessimist...but I can be reasonable at times.
I kinda went nintendo-only because pretty much every PS4 game I wanted ended up on Switch anyway.

User Info: FinalFantasyer

FinalFantasyer
1 week ago#4
I'm not a delusional 12 year kid with no life, so no.
Plus, i wouldn't leave Overwatch, Dark Souls, The Witcher etc. for the 576th recycled Mario installment.
PSN: Novigrad_
SW-1345-9332-2527

User Info: Bat178

Bat178
1 week ago#5
FinalFantasyer posted...
I'm not a delusional 12 year kid with no life, so no.
Plus, i wouldn't leave Overwatch, Dark Souls, The Witcher etc. for the 576th recycled Mario installment.

Dark Souls is on Switch.
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html

User Info: BloodPuppetX

BloodPuppetX
1 week ago#6
I'm only Nintendo-only right now out of circumstance. I really just play portable games these days. If Sony were to release a Vita successor, I would pick it up eventually.
Oh? Who are you, Mr. Bunny? This world is like the real world, but evil has twisted it.

User Info: BakaNekoNeko

BakaNekoNeko
1 week ago#7
I was always Nintendo + PC.
Of course I bought some PS consoles, but it was always console from generation before. I have PS3 too (thanks God Persona 5 was released for PS3). I don't really have any intentions of buying PS4 though. There's literally no exclusive games that I'm interested in. GOW is boring as f***, Horizon is even worse. Last of Us is nothing but SJW crap.
There's some interesting less popular Japanese games, but nothing deal breaking. Everthing else is available on Switch (not censored additionally) and PC.
Dubbing should be permabanned.

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
1 week ago#8
No. If anything I vastly prefer western games to Japanese games. (Or at least I do now. Back when Nintendo and Capcom were still good however.....)

But Sony I will never accept. They've been nothing but a blight on the industry since they entered it. PS1 and PS2 were very damaging and started the "cinematic gaming" bulls*** trend that plagues us today.

Also, they're why Spider-Man took so long to finally show up in the MCU and why we won't see him again after Far From Home. f*** them.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: nebula2

nebula2
1 week ago#9
https://youtu.be/9Deg7VrpHbM
PSN: Nebuladark, Switch FC: SW-0857-4415-9982,
3DS: FC: 0774-5319-1816, ACNL: Nebula from Ygdrasil, MHGen: Serenade.
Endgame posted...
But Sony I will never accept. They've been nothing but a blight on the industry since they entered it. PS1 and PS2 were very damaging and started the "cinematic gaming" bulls*** trend that plagues us today.

Meanwhile, in 1983...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OnNiXhumcs
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Anyone else go Nintendo-only partially out of spite of Sony becoming American?
  • Topic Archived