• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. What Are The Consequences For Not Tipping At Restaurants?

User Info: Pointless_Topic

Pointless_Topic
4 weeks ago#1
Lets say, I decide to not tip at restaurants, or taxi's/ubers or any place that provides a service

What are the short term and long term consequences for not doing this?
Ok we get it:you created an account with the username "Pointless Topic" and are purposely posting pointless topics.that's so funny!-Cyber Akuma Zero

User Info: CopyMan1

CopyMan1
4 weeks ago#2
if you are a repeat person at a restaurant and you continue to not tip, a waiter or staff may mess with your food. or have you wait for quite a bit

User Info: Fauch

Fauch
4 weeks ago#3
You might be reborn as a waitress in your next life and receive zero tips.

On a side note, waitresses in most of Europe actually get paid decently and aren't entirely reliant on tips like in the US.

User Info: Exurna

Exurna
4 weeks ago#4
My friend got ligma from doing that, TC. I would advice against it.
Remember, PS4 isn't an adult console that can be potentially enjoyed by children. It's a children's console that can be potentially enjoyed by adults.

User Info: PaulFoster

PaulFoster
4 weeks ago#5
I don't tip, have never tipped and never will and after eating out hundreds of times over the years, I've never had a problem, even with places I visit many times.

(that said, I don't take tips either, in my work I'm offered a tip on average probably around 6-10 times a week and I politely decline as I don't agree with tipping.)
Mobile games aren't "real" games, they are basically money milking software that are camouflaged as games.

User Info: yodalovesu

yodalovesu
4 weeks ago#6
Selfishness will slowly pervade every aspect of your life and personality until it begins to define you among your friends and peers.

Just a guess! :D

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
4 weeks ago#7
tipping shouldn't be an expected thing. waiters should...get paid a living wage already.

waiters get paid s*** because "you'll get tips so it's fine."
i was born at night, but not tomorrow night.

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
4 weeks ago#8
Likely nothing. Tipping isn't something you have to do.

User Info: Comyx

Comyx
4 weeks ago#9
If you live in many countries outside the USA, there are no consequences.
PC / Switch / PS4 / 3DS

User Info: TsundereAmiChan

TsundereAmiChan
4 weeks ago#10
I dont even really understand the mentality behind tipping in the first place.

We dont tip the cashier at gamestop. We dont tip the plumber that fixes your toilet you clogged for the 8th time this week. We dont tip a tow truck driver that tows s***ty drivers off the road when they crash.

So why do we tip a taxi driver or a waiter? What's the logic there?
Join the Sailor Moon board! https://goo.gl/AEV5Mi
If you support Amy Rose for Smash, or just like Amy in general, join this server! https://discord.gg/quQVXN2
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. What Are The Consequences For Not Tipping At Restaurants?
  • Topic Archived