• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Wish "All Software" was the default.

User Info: deafinishun

deafinishun
4 weeks ago#1
I have a lot of digital games and it would be nice if I could see them all when I turn the system on. Too bad it can't be like the 3ds where you could choose how many rows of icons to show on the homescreen.
3DS FC: 2466-2530-3529

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
4 weeks ago#2
It's definitely a step down in terms of UI. I mean, I get and appreciate that they didn't want a bloatware UI like on PS/XB, but 3DS, and even Wii/Wii U had great UIs that would have been fine to base Switch's UI off of.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully. R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
Omega Ruby Secret Base - https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrht5cvsjiyfnrj/SecretBase.JPG

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
4 weeks ago#3
id like menu music, basic UI, and organization of the digital shop. i dont think its too much to ask, for a bit of effort.

User Info: lmello

lmello
4 weeks ago#4
Shadowbird_RH posted...
It's definitely a step down in terms of UI. I mean, I get and appreciate that they didn't want a bloatware UI

I wish there was a Sort feature in 'All Software': by name, date, publisher... this should be enough to improve the UI w/o making it 'bloatware'.
Nobody on GameFAQs is allowed to enjoy anything.

User Info: delRey91

delRey91
4 weeks ago#5
That's the only thing I wish they'll add soon, folders!
Switch/3ds/PC/Ps3
In order.

User Info: Vesperial92

Vesperial92
4 weeks ago#6
SNES mini menu music please

User Info: Chocoburger

Chocoburger
4 weeks ago#7
Shadowbird_RH posted...
It's definitely a step down in terms of UI. I mean, I get and appreciate that they didn't want a bloatware UI like on PS/XB, but 3DS, and even Wii/Wii U had great UIs that would have been fine to base Switch's UI off of.

The Wii and Wii U UI are terrible, I hate them so much.
I've never used an Xbox One console, so I won't comment on that, but the PS4 UI doesn't feel like bloatware to me. It simply has more features and functionality than any Nintendo platform than you may be accustomed to.

On rare occasions Sony will allow advertisements on the XMB which are annoying, but you can delete them in 3 seconds.
A "hide unavailable" option would be nice.

User Info: MrBanballow

MrBanballow
4 weeks ago#9
Personally, I would...

1. Have "All Software" be moved to the front of the line, rather than the end.
2. Have an option to have "All Software" in alphabetical order, rather than a jumbled mess.
3. Have an option to update "All Software" at once, rather than having to go game by game.
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008
Questionmarktarius 4 weeks ago#10
MrBanballow posted...
Personally, I would...

1. Have "All Software" be moved to the front of the line, rather than the end.
2. Have an option to have "All Software" in alphabetical order, rather than a jumbled mess.
3. Have an option to update "All Software" at once, rather than having to go game by game.

Any sort of sorting beyond "this is what you played and/or inserted last" would be nice.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Wish "All Software" was the default.
  • Topic Archived