• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Best 2D Mario game

User Info: yourDaddie

yourDaddie
1 month ago#1
Best in your opinion? - Results (264 votes)
2.27% (6 votes)
3.41% (9 votes)
32.2% (85 votes)
Land
1.14% (3 votes)
Land 2
2.27% (6 votes)
World
49.24% (130 votes)
New
1.14% (3 votes)
New 2
0% (0 votes)
New Wii
3.03% (8 votes)
New U
5.3% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Best mainline 2D Mario
I am your father

User Info: KurzWeber72

KurzWeber72
1 month ago#2
Super Mario World
Fc:4768-7618-5314
Or 2638-3926-9055

User Info: YFJ

YFJ
1 month ago#3
New Super Mario Bros. U
YoshiFlutterJump

User Info: spiritomolto

spiritomolto
1 month ago#4
YFJ posted...
New Super Mario Bros. U

This, from what I've played.
The black dog runs at night.

User Info: riboflav

riboflav
1 month ago#5
Super Mario World
SMB3
(sorting the rest hurt my brain so I gave up)
Dragonwarriordude 1 month ago#6
World
Sig.

User Info: BabyLuigiOnFire

BabyLuigiOnFire
1 month ago#7
New Super Mario Bros. Wii, mostly for introducing simultaneous multiplayer, ability to play as Toad, and just a very fun game in general.

I would have enjoyed U more if not for the burn-out in general for the cookie-cutter NSMB games. I liked Wii because it was only the second entry of the series. After Kirby and Rayman, I was hoping NSMBU took more risks but it unfortunately didn't and thus didn't held my attention for very long. I have yet to beat it to this day.
I'm Baby Luigi's biggest fan, a rather cantankerous female.
Left 4 Dead 2 is the best Mario-based shooter.

User Info: universaltofu

universaltofu
1 month ago#8
Gimme gimme gimme JIMMY WOODS!!!

Though yeah, 3 I love, the neat assortment of powerups (hammer bros suit, frog suit, p wing), the easily digestible levels, fun secrets, and on and on and so forth and such.

World is right up there, secret exits, Yoshi, spin move, star road, scaling fences and bopping turtles, all so good.

Respect to the first, some good memories of the second and love for the things it introduced to the series, gb games are cool, New was solid though didn't leave a lasting impression, New Wii I liked a good deal better than the ds one though it too isn't one I've revisited often or held in high esteem. New 2 came off as dull to me, I blazed through it without connecting with much of anything that was happening, I was auto-pilot. New U I'm partway through now with the deluxe switch version, so far seems fine, I don't care for the ghost house levels, though I like stuff like the glow Yoshi and doing a spin to light him up and doing triple jumps and whatnot, I could see putting U above the Wii one if things pick up a bit. Also for them making such a big deal about it being the first 'HD' Mario game, it isn't really blowing my doors off, though I haven't gotten to the starry night looking stage, though really, that's the sort of thing that should have kicked off the game you know.
Switch FC : SW-3024-9404-8818

User Info: Zero280

Zero280
1 month ago#9
SMW is the best by far.
https://psnprofiles.com/ShadowLink3000

User Info: Jak3_Ry4n

Jak3_Ry4n
1 month ago#10
Super Mario World.

I haven't played it since the original SNES. Can't wait to go through it again.
XBL: Jak3 Ry4n
PSN: Blane_McDonnagh
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Best 2D Mario game
  • Topic Archived