• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Can anyone explain to me why people find the Yoshi tax fraud/IRS meme funny?

User Info: Dystroph

Dystroph
4 weeks ago#21
Actually, it comes from the game Fortune Street. This is a real pic from that game.
https://i.imgtc.com/CVEwpgz.png

And btw Ugandan Knuckles uses a drawing from Youtuber animator Gregzilla and gives him voice lines from the Ugandan movie Who Killed Captain Alex?
Buy these Switch games if you support Overpricing:
Sushi Striker. The World Ends With You.

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
4 weeks ago#22
Internet memes are no longer high level. They appeal to a lower standard again like from 2002
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | New 3DS | Wii | DS lite | GCN + GBP | GBA SP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
4 weeks ago#23
BinBinricecake posted...
Remember, we live in a time where "E" was so funny, it made middle schoolers cackling hecklers s***ting dingle berries because 'itz suu funny hurhurrr'. Yes, humor is based off context but context that quickly dies off to be replaced by the next thing people with attention spans of fruit flies find funny all because they happen to laugh at their reflection at 3 in the morning. Yes, that's modern day humor now, memes are now a subliminal way of saying "f***ing laugh at my reference, so funny". No set up, no punchline anymore.

I take my humor seriously as humor to me is just like trying to make a well prepared meal. Anyone can make a cup of water, but it takes skill to put toast into the toaster without f***ing it up by leaving it on 8.

This guy gets it.
It's like how tv shows use laugh tracks to say "hey, I made a joke! Get it?"
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | New 3DS | Wii | DS lite | GCN + GBP | GBA SP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360

User Info: Tenchi UK

Tenchi UK
4 weeks ago#24
GuitaristMatt posted...
This guy gets it.
It's like how tv shows use laugh tracks to say "hey, I made a joke! Get it?"

while humor is very subjective (ive laughed at some stupid s*** in my time) the "hey, i made a joke!, get it?" does feel apt in the case of a lot of these "memes"

to me memes are similar to "so bad its good" movies, where if you make it with the intention of being "so bad its good" it often ends up feeling forced similar to when someone tries to "create a meme" rather than a meme simply happening.

also theres a whole thing where there are people who call individual images "memes" wheres from what i gather, the "meme" isnt the image itself but the meaning behind the image, its the same reason why memes have existed long before the internet.

but yeah, while i dont judge people for finding something funny, im personally not a big fan of the whole "meme culture" or "ironic memes" (which really arent all that ironic)
Pear into Peaches!

User Info: Mulate

Mulate
4 weeks ago#25
Dystroph posted...
Actually, it comes from the game Fortune Street. This is a real pic from that game.
https://i.imgtc.com/CVEwpgz.png

And btw Ugandan Knuckles uses a drawing from Youtuber animator Gregzilla and gives him voice lines from the Ugandan movie Who Killed Captain Alex?

Nice try, but the s***posters don't care to know the meme. They just want to s*** on them.

User Info: tartarts

tartarts
4 weeks ago#26
Nice try Yoshi, the IRS will still catch you.
(It’s funny absurdist post-ironic humor)

User Info: The_DOAM

The_DOAM
4 weeks ago#27
It's a meme picked up and used in various art forms

By no means is it in the same league but the principle is the same for how people picked up Principle Skinner and his steamed hams.

When art and music is made well it runs itself for a while
Ignorance is Bliss...
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Can anyone explain to me why people find the Yoshi tax fraud/IRS meme funny?
  • Topic Archived