• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. So is Pokemon Let's Go actually good?

User Info: SmashPort

SmashPort
1 month ago#1
Seems like the vocal minority are against it.

Even though it's not rated the best and many features are gone, as a remake of the first generation it's pretty fun (or so I've heard).

User Info: BlueDsc

BlueDsc
1 month ago#2
On its own it's a good game.

Compared to other games in the series, it has some improvements but many shortcomings.

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
1 month ago#3
Yep, it’s a very fun game.
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi/Go:9267 2163 5632

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
1 month ago#4
If you can deal with the rather cancerous catching mechanic (Trying to catch pokémon without weakening them is as problematic as it sounds. They even lowered the Ultra Ball price to 500 because you're going to go through so many of them.) and don't abuse the OP new features like the starters' exclusive moves and candies you get a Pokémon game with tougher trainer battles than usual. (For example, before you can go into Sliph Co. and fight a bunch of TR grunts with like level 33 pokémon, you have to fight Blue and his level 40 Charizard. And that was problematic since I'm doing a challenge run with an intentionally gimped team and my Parasect was my highest leveled pokémon at 34 or so.) In part because trainer battles give a lot less EXP than usual.

And you get to pet Eevee. Eevee and its reactions are cute as f***.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: Starwars4J

Starwars4J
1 month ago#5
Yes
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade

User Info: MirageMew2

MirageMew2
1 month ago#6
It’s the best Pokémon game as far as some QoL and visual improvements go, but everything else looks pitiful compared to previous games. It’s a great game overall though.
Switch: 4741-1296-0325 | NP: Fortnite, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
"Boy, and I thought the characters in ARMS were reaching." - SaviorGabriel

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
1 month ago#7
It's the best representation of the pokemon "world' by an absurd margin. It's the only game in the series that looks good and feels alive and I love that aspect. I also love that it trimmed all the years of fat from the supplementary systems, I can't stand Sun & Moon and pretty much everything I hate about that is cut.

Otherwise it's a standard Pokemon game in the battles. The decision to have visible encounters was inspired and the best thing ever, sadly the catching mechanic is boring and annoying, so it brings it down a bit there. If it had traditional wild battles it'd be the best Pokemon game in decades.

User Info: AjidoMarujido

AjidoMarujido
1 month ago#8
It's good for what it is, I guess...

It lacks a lot of stuff, but it's exactly what they were going for.
[[Currently Playing]] - Tales of Vesperia (PS4), Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~~ [[Switch - 5798.9459.4957]]

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
1 month ago#9
emagdnE posted...
If you can deal with the rather cancerous catching mechanic

Moving a little bit isnt going to kill you. If it is, then you have some serious health issues.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 0-4 & CVX on GC

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
1 month ago#10
Maverick_Reznor posted...
emagdnE posted...
If you can deal with the rather cancerous catching mechanic

Moving a little bit isnt going to kill you. If it is, then you have some serious health issues.

It's boring and annoying and somehow even more repetitive than mashing A.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. So is Pokemon Let's Go actually good?
  • Topic Archived