• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Opinion on Pro Controller?

User Info: hman1313

hman1313
1 month ago#1
I'm thinking about finally investing in a Pro Controller. Are there particular games in which its particularly good for? Here are the games I mostly play:

MHGU
DK TF
Civ VI
MK8
Zelda
Mario

I've found the joy cons to be a bit annoying when playing MHGU and DK TF.

User Info: hafman-hafchild

hafman-hafchild
1 month ago#2
best controller on the switch for $55. Get it for MHGU and zelda

User Info: PJ_Thorn

PJ_Thorn
1 month ago#3
It's a must for me for most games. The Joy-cons are too thin and feel uncomfortable in long play sessions. Also the lack of a D-Pad on standard joy-cons is a big negative for me.

User Info: DarkDemon373

DarkDemon373
1 month ago#4
If you play any of those games docked, the controller is an upgrade. I'd say it would definitely help you play MHGU better.

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
1 month ago#5
The official one is trash imo. Get the Power A wireless one. No rumble or NFC, but it’s cheaper and feels better.
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
Bisexual and proud

User Info: Layton_Kyouju

Layton_Kyouju
1 month ago#6
I own one for almost a year, had no issues. It's the most comfortable controller I've used. (I also own a PS4 and no I don't think DS4 is better)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muW-ADqEt3o

User Info: CyberDragon10K

CyberDragon10K
1 month ago#7
Should've picked one up during the Black Friday/Boxing Week sales. Prices were heavily slashed around that time. I've been using mine primarily for PC games (mostly platformers) and Smash Ultimate and it's been great.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
~ Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015

User Info: hman1313

hman1313
1 month ago#8
CyberDragon10K posted...
Should've picked one up during the Black Friday/Boxing Week sales. Prices were heavily slashed around that time. I've been using mine primarily for PC games (mostly platformers) and Smash Ultimate and it's been great.

i know, regretting not getting one during discount time. I play probably 80% portable....that's only thing giving me hesitation still.

User Info: jubal117

jubal117
1 month ago#9
Its definently better than the joycons. The dpad kinda sucks on it though however it is comfortable. I dont have an issue with the joycons other than all of mine drift.
SW-5336-6560-4422
Jubal117 Nintendo ID, Jubal17 PSN

User Info: ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene
1 month ago#10
GCN Pro Controller is the best IMO.
BREAKING THE ROOOOW, BREAKING THE WUUURLD
KOWASE, KIRISAKE TENDAHNISS
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Opinion on Pro Controller?
  • Topic Archived