• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. The New Super mario bros games in retrospect

User Info: Gnome2

Gnome2
4 weeks ago#91
biledriver posted...
Nostalgia causes people to think far more highly of the older titles than the new ones. You'd have to ask actual kids in a few years to get true opinions.

The only problem with asking today's kids is video game culture has changed due to technological improvements.

Video games in the 90's were required to be difficult because of hardware and software limitations. Goombas were shaped like mushrooms purely to save storage space on the disc. Difficulty needed to be higher for replayability. Therefore, more creativity was required to produce fun, difficult gameplay design that required players to do the same thing over, and over, and over again before they'd finally understand how to complete it.

Video games will never return to such conditions for the casual gamer - who today is accustomed to much easier experiences. The ones who put in the hours will probably enjoy the older ones more, but less kids today would do so unless they already believe in the franchise.
C.o.p.a
Kyoto is Hyrule.

User Info: Tidusune_Miku

Tidusune_Miku
4 weeks ago#92
@n00bsaib0t posted...
Tidusune_Miku posted...
Where's the "they all suck" option? Biased nincel poll.

You seem upset that people don't still care about games you enjoy.

"Pointing out obviously biased polls must mean you like games that other people don't and you're mad about that"
Would love to hear the thought process behind this one.
rain

User Info: lowuw

lowuw
4 weeks ago#93
n00bsaib0t posted...
lowuw posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
lowuw posted...
fuzi11 posted...
i think it really hurt the series that none of the games had a distinct art style. they all blend in together.

they are all excellent games, but i cannot distinguish them

NSMBU definitely has a different art style from NSMBWii. A lot of the backgrounds look like a painting and just has a different look overall.

No, that’s literally just one level. The rest of the game is the same aesthetic as the others.

No, even the grass land levels has some of the painting like art style and it's own distinctive look from NSMBWii.

No, they don’t. You can even google NSMBU painted level and get an exact result for the only level in the game that does it.

The games art style just looks different than NSMBWii. More details and the backgrounds are completely different from NSMBWii.

User Info: ratsalkane

ratsalkane
4 weeks ago#94
Tidusune_Miku posted...
@n00bsaib0t posted...
Tidusune_Miku posted...

"biased polls"

your reading comprehension must be fairly low.

In any case, no matter how bland these games, they are obviously objectively not 'bad'. Maybe bad by mario standards, but not bad games outright.

Quit trolling clown.

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
4 weeks ago#95
Tidusune_Miku posted...
@n00bsaib0t posted...
Tidusune_Miku posted...

"Pointing out obviously biased polls must mean you like games that other people don't and you're mad about that"

“Ignore that I started slinging insults because TC likes a game that I don’t, I can’t handle it when people have different options than mine”.
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
4 weeks ago#96
lowuw posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
lowuw posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
lowuw posted...
fuzi11 posted...
i think it really hurt the series that none of the games had a distinct art style. they all blend in together.

they are all excellent games, but i cannot distinguish them

NSMBU definitely has a different art style from NSMBWii. A lot of the backgrounds look like a painting and just has a different look overall.

No, that’s literally just one level. The rest of the game is the same aesthetic as the others.

No, even the grass land levels has some of the painting like art style and it's own distinctive look from NSMBWii.

No, they don’t. You can even google NSMBU painted level and get an exact result for the only level in the game that does it.

The games art style just looks different than NSMBWii. More details and the backgrounds are completely different from NSMBWii.

The art style is the same. There are more details because the game is in HD, 720p is more detailed than 480p. The backgrounds are different from NSMBWii because they are new assets, but they’re still the same art style. Literally only that one stage in world 5 has the painted aesthetic. You can look right here, or grab any other random video from YouTube and see.

https://youtu.be/x2YHRMYIoVM

It’s not freaking painted.
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t

User Info: mariosonic

mariosonic
4 weeks ago#97
ratsalkane posted...
Sethman409 posted...
chstar posted...
ratsalkane posted...
Also for those of you voting to say the NSMB titles are as good as the originals, even you bunch must concede the music is terrible as compared to the 8/16 but originals. So repetitive and bland. it’s annoying

I can’t imagine you find to many people who would disagree. The music doesn’t even try to compete with the classics. I guess they were just going for something mundane

First piece of video game music I ever heard. And it sticks with me the most.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xJOjAF4Yfr8

my thoughts exactly. the classics had some truly memorable music. The NSMB series...shutters...did not.

I am not sure what they were thinking going with the same bland music 4 games in a row. A complete blunder

User Info: chstar

chstar
4 weeks ago#98
Seems like the debate over the best NSMB games is between the DS and Wii U title. I would make the argument that NSMBU is the only NSMB game to approach the originals in terms of quality.
Just to be clear, NASA and NOAA believe climate change is man made. Listen to scientists, not the politicians.
https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

User Info: m4tthi4s91

m4tthi4s91
4 weeks ago#99
2 and U suffered from their back to back release and their incredible blandness.
Wii brought the series back to home consoles and at least introduced new music.

User Info: ilfait

ilfait
4 weeks ago#100
Needed a poll option between "classics" and "decent".
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. The New Super mario bros games in retrospect
  • Topic Archived