• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is Tales Of Vesperia: DE another YS VIII situation?

User Info: BurningAzure

BurningAzure
1 week ago#1
Okay, not as bad as the YS VIII port but still, why is it having frame rate issues outside of battle? Despite being a decade old and technically worse than Persona 5 graphics much less being sub-720p on handheld mode?
"Facy meeting you here, Monado boi!"
- Metal Face

User Info: QueenTakhisis

QueenTakhisis
1 week ago#2
Let me guess. You haven't actually played it?
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown."
~ H.P. Lovecraft ~

User Info: thesmark

thesmark
1 week ago#3
I haven't noticed any framerate issues myself after about 3 hours
My quest to review all 546 Best Picture Noms: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/227-movies-at-the-theater/76235955

BurningAzure
1 week ago#4
QueenTakhisis posted...

Uh, yeah. I have played it.

You can obviously see the frame rate drops in the overworld, dungeons, and towns and there are many complaints about it too. Sorry for having standards which seemingly a lot of users don't have on this board.
- Metal Face

User Info: Fauch

Fauch
1 week ago#5
BurningAzure posted...
QueenTakhisis posted...

You can obviously see the frame rate drops in the overworld, dungeons, and towns and there are many complaints about it too. Sorry for having standards which seemingly a lot of users don't have on this board.

So what's the point of this topic? If you want the best version buy on PC/PS4/XB1.

BurningAzure
1 week ago#6
Fauch posted...
BurningAzure posted...
QueenTakhisis posted...

So what's the point of this topic? If you want the best version buy on PC/PS4/XB1.

I don't have time to be sitting on my a** playing video games at home, I do have a job among other things afterall so a portable device fits well with my lifestyle. I have standards and as a gamer its obvious I demand better than the subpar experience Namco Bandai is offering Switch users. Obviously it wouldn't be the exact same but a game like this shouldn't be having any problems to run on the Switch much less being sub-720p res on handheld mode.
- Metal Face

User Info: kanzagi321

kanzagi321
1 week ago#7
It runs great for me.

User Info: Fauch

Fauch
1 week ago#8
BurningAzure posted...
I don't have time to be sitting on my a** playing video games at home, I do have a job among other things afterall so a portable device fits well with my lifestyle. I have standards and as a gamer its obvious I demand better than the subpar experience Namco Bandai is offering Switch users. Obviously it wouldn't be the exact same but a game like this shouldn't be having any problems to run on the Switch much less being sub-720p res on handheld mode.

Okay. Then I suggest you write to Namco Bandai?...

User Info: Siriocaz

Siriocaz
1 week ago#9
Another "your average Switch game" situation? Hell yes, it's not limited to Ys VIII.
Think you can take me?! *Beats with assault rifle* Don't forget me!

User Info: LinkofEvil

LinkofEvil
1 week ago#10
BurningAzure posted...
Fauch posted...
BurningAzure posted...
QueenTakhisis posted...

Its pretty much why I haven't bought third party games like this on the Switch either. Why waste my valuable and well earned money for bad ports like Ys and this game etc? Lol, no.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is Tales Of Vesperia: DE another YS VIII situation?
  • Topic Archived