• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. FFXIV Nintendo Switch

User Info: cyberDefender

cyberDefender
4 weeks ago#111
Plaz99 posted...
They downgraded 4k to HD

And not because I got 2 TV sets that are 4k should I expect every joe to have one, 4K is still not a main stream feature.

User Info: Serenity_Lotus

Serenity_Lotus
4 weeks ago#112
Plaz99 posted...
Serenity_Lotus posted...
omniryu posted...
@kranix1 posted...
86 posts of meaningless crap, and none of you have brought up Friend Codes?

The reason why FFXI never made it to Wii, was because of Friend Codes (1). This is more than likely why FFXIV hasn't made it to Switch, which also uses Friend Codes.

That, and the fact that the game has been out longer than Switch has existed.
Edit: You actually can deny them, you'll just look like an idiot.

Sources:

1.https://www.engadget.com/2007/02/01
/square-enix-blames-wii-friend-codes-for-lack-of-ffxi/

Except the director pretty much said it was Sony being uncooperative.

Not once has Yoshida laid blame on Sony. Every single time it has been brought up it is clearly being placed on certain policies/systems that Nintendo/Microsoft have in place. The only way Sony is being blamed is when Yoshida's comment is being misquoted with the author of the article inserting their own opinion as for what was said.

With that said, I am not opposed to the XIV coming to Switch or XBO.
It is just so tiring to see the same misinformation being spread simply because Sony didn't want console cross-play at the time.

I mean, you can't deny facts from multiple different interviews. Crossplay is, indeed, at least one of the issues, most likely the only one.

The fact that Yoshida has never once put blame on Sony, yes I know. I have already said that. Please link an interview where Yoshida is putting the blame on Sony and their console cross play policy. Don't cop out with "It's a simple Google search." either. The onus is on you. :)
celestial_nero ~ Pro, Switch, Vita, One X ~ Serenity Locust
~ Monster Hunter World - Hunting with new players and vets ~

User Info: Plaz99

Plaz99
3 weeks ago#113
Serenity_Lotus posted...
Plaz99 posted...
Serenity_Lotus posted...
omniryu posted...
@kranix1 posted...
86 posts of meaningless crap, and none of you have brought up Friend Codes?

The reason why FFXI never made it to Wii, was because of Friend Codes (1). This is more than likely why FFXIV hasn't made it to Switch, which also uses Friend Codes.

That, and the fact that the game has been out longer than Switch has existed.
Edit: You actually can deny them, you'll just look like an idiot.

Sources:

1.https://www.engadget.com/2007/02/01
/square-enix-blames-wii-friend-codes-for-lack-of-ffxi/

Except the director pretty much said it was Sony being uncooperative.

Not once has Yoshida laid blame on Sony. Every single time it has been brought up it is clearly being placed on certain policies/systems that Nintendo/Microsoft have in place. The only way Sony is being blamed is when Yoshida's comment is being misquoted with the author of the article inserting their own opinion as for what was said.

With that said, I am not opposed to the XIV coming to Switch or XBO.
It is just so tiring to see the same misinformation being spread simply because Sony didn't want console cross-play at the time.

I mean, you can't deny facts from multiple different interviews. Crossplay is, indeed, at least one of the issues, most likely the only one.

The fact that Yoshida has never once put blame on Sony, yes I know. I have already said that. Please link an interview where Yoshida is putting the blame on Sony and their console cross play policy. Don't cop out with "It's a simple Google search." either. The onus is on you. :)

It is a simple Google search, but I'll link it within the next 2 days. I'm going to bed right now. My point is all we can guess is that it's Sony given the details we have on the issue of crossplay, but it could very well be multiple other things/not even Sony at all. This is just the best guess we've got since we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

User Info: Yuri_LowelI

Yuri_LowelI
3 weeks ago#114
MMO on switch? Pass. When Nintendo have a more robust online system I’ll think about it. Right now mmos shouldn’t go near nintendos infrustructure
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif

User Info: Fauch

Fauch
3 weeks ago#115
Yuri_LowelI posted...
MMO on switch? Pass. When Nintendo have a more robust online system I’ll think about it. Right now mmos shouldn’t go near nintendos infrustructure

The Switch would connect to Square Enix servers. FF14 doesn't even mandate access to PS+, thus it is a safe guess it wouldn't require Nintendo online either. In that case, zero Nintendo servers would be involved. In the unlikely event FF14 on the Switch would require Nintendo online, players would go through a login server and that's it. I doubt Nintendo's login servers are worse than Sony's.

The one thing that might make a difference is that it's probably safe to assume that more Switch players use WiFi than people on PC/PS4, but that doesn't really have anything to do with Nintendo's "online system".

User Info: Xx_King_Beef_xX

Xx_King_Beef_xX
3 weeks ago#116
Alisia posted...
FFXIV will never happen on Switch. It is not powerful enough.

The fact that FFXIV was originally on PS3 shoots that argument down. I’d be more concerned about the Switch’s s***ty WiFi. Battery life would be abysmal too. You would pretty much have to have the Switch docked and hardwired for a decent experience.
I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane?

User Info: Fauch

Fauch
3 weeks ago#117
Xx_King_Beef_xX posted...
The fact that FFXIV was originally on PS3 shoots that argument down.

Not really. An MMO's system requirements change over time. Try running Battle for Azeroth (WoW's latest expansion) on a PC from 2004 (WoW launch date). It's not going to be pretty.

I know that Stormblood was more taxing on systems than FF14: ARR. The new expansion, Shadowbringers, will probably increase requirements further.

That's not saying it is impossible on the Switch, but we can't deduce it from the fact that "it ran on PS3".

User Info: singhellotaku

singhellotaku
3 weeks ago#118
BurgerTime79 posted...
There already IS crossplay, with the PC. None of this has anything to do with Sony, so your little s*** talking toward them will probably likely get your discussion modded.
Microsoft likely didn't get the game because of all of the crybabies during the FFXI era. The game didn't require XBL Gold, just a silver account. You had people crying and claiming that Square should waive the monthly fee, because they give Microsoft money for Xbox Live.

The only thing to come out of this chopped up interview is simply "Yeah, we're looking to see where else we can put the game.". If it was to come to the Switch, anyone wanting to play it would need the storage space. It's not a game that you play the entire thing off of a cartridge or disc.

thats...completely wrong

Microsoft wanted xbox only servers, square said no, that was the issue, not the sub-fee. This has been very well established.
the community tag is a cancer on this website

singhellotaku
3 weeks ago#119
Fauch posted...
The fact that FFXIV was originally on PS3 shoots that argument down.

Not really. An MMO's system requirements change over time. Try running Battle for Azeroth (WoW's latest expansion) on a PC from 2004 (WoW launch date). It's not going to be pretty.

I know that Stormblood was more taxing on systems than FF14: ARR. The new expansion, Shadowbringers, will probably increase requirements further.

That's not saying it is impossible on the Switch, but we can't deduce it from the fact that "it ran on PS3".

It does, they are dropping 32-bit support with Shadowbringers, which will have a number of effects on what they can do, similar to when they dropped ps3 support and suddenly weren't crippled by it.

singhellotaku
3 weeks ago#120
Alisia posted...
FFXIV will never happen on Switch. It is not powerful enough.

The fact that FFXIV was originally on PS3 shoots that argument down. I’d be more concerned about the Switch’s s***ty WiFi. Battery life would be abysmal too. You would pretty much have to have the Switch docked and hardwired for a decent experience.

I'd wager the switch is less powerful than the ps3 in a lot of ways...and uh...its not on the ps3 anymore so...
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. FFXIV Nintendo Switch
  • Topic Archived