• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. FFXIV Nintendo Switch

User Info: Plaz99

Plaz99
1 month ago#1
As it's entirely possible with Yoshida stating it's an easy port job and the only thing holding it back is crossplay in an interview 7 months ago.

Here's a quote from an interview, "And as that Switch version has to exist first, we asked about its potential development/status, and it turns out it's rather easy for the studio to produce, as "Final Fantasy XIV is part of Business Division 5, and within Business Division 5 we're actually creating games for the Nintendo Switch, so we have people that understand the architecture and the specs"."

Along with, ""As a producer of an online game I want as many people to play my game as possible. Whether that means getting the game on the Xbox One or getting the game on the Nintendo Switch, that would open up more doors for us and allow more players to come in, so that's definitely something that we would like to do. As a producer of an MMO I however think that if everybody is not on the same world, there's really no reason to have that game. Because it's an MMO, everybody should be on the same world, and anything beyond that is nonsense. So I have been in talks with Nintendo and Microsoft - and those talks are continuing - trying to find a way to make sure that everyone can play on the same service, so hopefully, sometime soon, we can have an announcement where we tell our players that yes, there'll be the opportunity to play on one of these new system"."

So as I haven't heard any news since, have you guys heard anything? Or why do you think it's taking them so long to talk. Is Sony still being a stubborn pickle?

Oh, and as for you Sony fanboys -- the ones who hate on everything other than themselves, not people who enjoy Sony's great products -- you can make up whatever crap you want, Yoshida's words, 6 months ago, already proved you wrong.

User Info: BurgerTime79

BurgerTime79
1 month ago#2
There already IS crossplay, with the PC. None of this has anything to do with Sony, so your little s*** talking toward them will probably likely get your discussion modded.
Microsoft likely didn't get the game because of all of the crybabies during the FFXI era. The game didn't require XBL Gold, just a silver account. You had people crying and claiming that Square should waive the monthly fee, because they give Microsoft money for Xbox Live.

The only thing to come out of this chopped up interview is simply "Yeah, we're looking to see where else we can put the game.". If it was to come to the Switch, anyone wanting to play it would need the storage space. It's not a game that you play the entire thing off of a cartridge or disc.

Plaz99
1 month ago#3
BurgerTime79 posted...
There already IS crossplay, with the PC. None of this has anything to do with Sony, so your little s*** talking toward them will probably likely get your discussion modded.
Microsoft likely didn't get the game because of all of the crybabies during the FFXI era. The game didn't require XBL Gold, just a silver account. You had people crying and claiming that Square should waive the monthly fee, because they give Microsoft money for Xbox Live.

The only thing to come out of this chopped up interview is simply "Yeah, we're looking to see where else we can put the game.". If it was to come to the Switch, anyone wanting to play it would need the storage space. It's not a game that you play the entire thing off of a cartridge or disc.

You must've skipped what I said. And my "Sh--" talking is me warning that any negativity will be ignored, and I usually do this with posts, so it's not going to get modded. Please read my post next time before responding, since it literally nulls everything you just said. I want this to be a positive and informative discussion, so please, if you have anything along those lines to say, I'd love to hear it. If you don't please go elsewhere. And I'll reiterate myself -- please read the original post before commenting. It seems like you either skipped to the end or completely disregarded Yoshida's words.
(message deleted)

BurgerTime79
1 month ago#5
Plaz99 posted...
You must've skipped what I said. And my "Sh--" talking is me warning that any negativity will be ignored, and I usually do this with posts, so it's not going to get modded. Please read my post next time before responding, since it literally nulls everything you just said. I want this to be a positive and informative discussion, so please, if you have anything along those lines to say, I'd love to hear it. If you don't please go elsewhere. And I'll reiterate myself -- please read the original post before commenting. It seems like you either skipped to the end or completely disregarded Yoshida's words.

You didn't need a warning. You only posted it to antagonize people, which is trolling, which is moddable.
No, you don't get to tell everyone what to post and what not to post in your topic. That's now how things work .
No, I didn't skip it. In fact you ignored the rest of my post to cry that I called you out on your s*** talking. If it comes to the system, Grow the f*** up. This is the second post I saw you make taking shots at Sony "fanboys".

knightmere122 posted...
People actually want to play that trash?

Yes, and your little cross armed reaction to it doesn't change that.

Plaz99
1 month ago#6
BurgerTime79 posted...
Plaz99 posted...

You didn't need a warning. You only posted it to antagonize people, which is trolling, which is moddable.
No, you don't get to tell everyone what to post and what not to post in your topic. That's now how things work .
No, I didn't skip it. In fact you ignored the rest of my post to cry that I called you out on your s*** talking. If it comes to the system, Grow the f*** up. This is the second post I saw you make taking shots at Sony "fanboys".

knightmere122 posted...

Don't respond to him. I reported him for trolling anyway, as that's actually an option. When you respond to that, it brings the discussion off-topic, and I want this to stay on topic. Thank you in advance.

BurgerTime79
1 month ago#7
Dictating how people should post is only going to encourage people to detrail the topic on purpose, and you bringing it up in your own topic only shifts the discussion. Knock that s*** off.

Back to the topic, the game will come out if they want it to or not, or whatever platform they want. Your view of the Sony fanbase not being a factor.

User Info: kinggravy

kinggravy
1 month ago#8
BurgerTime79 posted...

Uh oh. Burger's gonna get steamed if you invoke the name of the true savior.
FC: 2852-7398-0118

Plaz99
1 month ago#9
BurgerTime79 posted...
Dictating how people should post is only going to encourage people to detrail the topic on purpose, and you bringing it up in your own topic only shifts the discussion. Knock that s*** off.

Back to the topic, the game will come out if they want it to or not, or whatever platform they want. Your view of the Sony fanbase not being a factor.

I'm well aware. I don't view Sony's overall fanbase in any negative light, fanboys of all 3 companies are equally uncouth. Anyway, I wanted to know if there's any new information regarding a cross-platform release, but it's seeming like a dim light at this time.

Plaz99
1 month ago#10
BurgerTime79 posted...
Plaz99 posted...

knightmere122 posted...

I apologize if I made you upset. That wasn't my intention.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. FFXIV Nintendo Switch
  • Topic Archived