• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo is working with ISP to track illegally downloaded games.
(message deleted)

User Info: CallmeSoren

CallmeSoren
3 months ago#42
It's a shame that its neccesary to devote so many resources on IP protection when said resources could go to better end-user experiences instead. Lord knows we could use some of those.
You'll get no sympathy from me!

User Info: Absolutely_Incr

Absolutely_Incr
3 months ago#43
Absolutely_Incr posted...
ai123 posted...
Companies trying to protect their IP vs people trying to get it for free: it's a battle that has been going on since the invention of the printing press.

At the time of the printing press, copyright was about government controlled censorship. It didn't become about profits for publishers (modern copyright) until nearly 300 years later.

It it werent for political lobbiying in the 1900s, copyright protections would expire after a maximun of 28 years -meaning we could legally download and distribute the greatest Mario game of all time as of November 21st this year.

Edit: was too late to edit crucial information into my previous post
Absolutely Incredible!

User Info: Jinzo 111887

Jinzo 111887
3 months ago#44
ai123 posted...
Profiting from someone else's IP without their permission is piracy. That's all.
And from what I can tell, that's what Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft are doing.
Putting basic functionality of a system like online multiplayer and the ability to back up data behind a premium membership shows little faith in it.

User Info: ai123

ai123
3 months ago#45
Jinzo 111887 posted...
ai123 posted...
Profiting from someone else's IP without their permission is piracy. That's all.
And from what I can tell, that's what Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft are doing.

The I suggest you offer your legal expertise to all the developers that are being 'pirated'. Silly of them not to think of it for themselves, really.

User Info: 1010101010

3 months ago#46
Where are people here getting the impression that they pirated the Wii U version of BOTW? I don't see it anywhere in the article...

Jinzo 111887
3 months ago#47
ai123 posted...
The I suggest you offer your legal expertise to all the developers that are being 'pirated'. Silly of them not to think of it for themselves, really.
Probably too afraid to try taking any legal action against these companies on this matter as it might set precedence that could potentially legalize reproduction cartridges or at least create a loophole for them. I've heard Denuvo might be coming to consoles. I'd love to see it weaponized by companies like Sega against Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft. More specifically, done in such a way that it only checks if the game is pirated or not before letting console gamers play online. If Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft try anything, they could be sued for violating for circumventing DRM.
Putting basic functionality of a system like online multiplayer and the ability to back up data behind a premium membership shows little faith in it.

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
3 months ago#48
Jinzo 111887 posted...
ai123 posted...
Probably too afraid to try taking any legal action against these companies on this matter as it might set precedence that could potentially legalize reproduction cartridges or at least create a loophole for them. I've heard Denuvo might be coming to consoles. I'd love to see it weaponized by companies like Sega against Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft. More specifically, done in such a way that it only checks if the game is pirated or not before letting console gamers play online. If Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft try anything, they could be sued for violating for circumventing DRM.

Nintendo would simply not let the game release on their console. EA tried to pull that on the Wii u and Nintendo told them no.
Killing Backlog: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Dragon Quest XI, Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Jinzo 111887
3 months ago#49
Maverick_Reznor posted...
Nintendo would simply not let the game release on their console. EA tried to pull that on the Wii u and Nintendo told them no.
That right there should show why Nintendo shouldn't try to do it.

User Info: The_DOAM

The_DOAM
3 months ago#50
Considering what just happened with Smash bros and what will evenatually if not already with KH3 it makes perfect sense for them to up their game regarding these instances.
Ignorance is Bliss...
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo is working with ISP to track illegally downloaded games.
  • Topic Archived