• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why don't a lot of Nintendo fans buy 3rd party?

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
4 weeks ago#71
If you're using 3rd party as "multiplat". The reasoning is basically stuff comes out earlier on other systems 90% of the time and is therefore cheaper/already played before it hits nintendo, thus the market is mostly double dippers or Nintendo only folk.

3rd party exclusives or simultaneous launchers do fine.

User Info: Fierce_Deity_08

Fierce_Deity_08
4 weeks ago#72
MPReviews posted...
It’s not that Switch owners don’t buy third party on Switch. It’s just that a lot of the time we aren’t given the option.

Exactly. I would buy that new Spyro game, but it's not on Switch yet.
Official Fierce Deity in my own mind.
GT: OnikaraStar, PSN: Onikara, NNID: OnikaraStar

User Info: Lord_Diablo13

Lord_Diablo13
4 weeks ago#73
A Majority of my games are 3rd parties and indies.

The former consists of alot of games ported from other systems. Some of which deserves to do well like Katamari Damacy, Okami, Doom, Disgaea 4 and the likes.
We may have lost the battle for Net Neutrality, but we haven't lost the war.
Go to https://www.battleforthenet.com/ for more information.

User Info: StickMen1090

StickMen1090
4 weeks ago#74
ColdOne666 posted...
Pokken is a Pokemon spinoff and Mario + Rabbits is a Mario spinoff therefore they are both 1st party and don't count.

I'm glad to see Octopath doing well though.

TIL ubisoft is a Nintendo first party developer
``if the system is easy to develop for then that just confirms how weak it is" shaunme - 2014
"PS3 had a successful launch" Linetrix - 2018

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
4 weeks ago#75
StickMen1090 posted...
ColdOne666 posted...
Pokken is a Pokemon spinoff and Mario + Rabbits is a Mario spinoff therefore they are both 1st party and don't count.

Its an exclusive, and the knock has always been people buy nintendo systems for the exclusives. So it wouldnt count
currently playing spiderman, dragonquest xi, valkyria chronicles 4

User Info: slightlord

slightlord
4 weeks ago#76
king_madden posted...
StickMen1090 posted...
ColdOne666 posted...

Its an exclusive, and the knock has always been people buy nintendo systems for the exclusives. So it wouldnt count

So is Octopath but that game seems to be counted just fine.
I lost my second born daughter. I hope my pain is one you never EVER experience. In loving memory of Iyolah Phaeri Hassan 3-31-2006

User Info: TheShining79

TheShining79
4 weeks ago#77
13 of my 24 Wii games are 1st party (Spore, 3 Rabbids games, Epic Mickey 2, SC creator, 3 Sonic Games, Crash of the Titans, FF: Chocobo's Dungeon)
13 of my 17 Wii U games are 1st party. (Sonic, Rayman, MH3U, Lego City Undercover)
6 of my 9 Switch games are 1st party (DQB, Escapists 2, Lego World)

Pretty much all the 3rd party Wii games were bought used for <$20 or given to me so probably why I have considerably more.

So I'm pretty much twice as likely to buy a 1st party game than a 3rd party game and 5-6 times more likely to buy it brand new.
sig.
(message deleted)

User Info: TheShining79

TheShining79
4 weeks ago#79
king_madden posted...
slightlord posted...
So is Octopath but that game seems to be counted just fine

Huh? Counted as what

A 3rd party game that sold well on Switch. Some are saying it shouldn't be included because it's exclusive rather than multiplat.
sig.

User Info: Funcoland

Funcoland
4 weeks ago#80
Octopath Traveller hit over a million.

I don't know the numbers Doom did but it did enough Doom Eternal got announced like two days after it was announced for other systems.
NNID: MisterNoOne | PSN: The_Mistled
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why don't a lot of Nintendo fans buy 3rd party?
  • Topic Archived