• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why don't a lot of Nintendo fans buy 3rd party?

User Info: ColdOne666

ColdOne666
1 month ago#1
Has any third party game hit 1 million sales yet?
FFX is the best game of all time. The only good Nintendo franchises are Pokemon and Fire Emblem. Comics are for kids. https://i.imgur.com/LJ3WSyB.gif Reylo Ship

User Info: Xenis

Xenis
1 month ago#2
Imagine thinking this.

Since its not restricted to just the Switch as TC didn't specify then...Bravely Default, Dragon Quest VIII and IX, FE: Warriors, Monster Hunter titles, Yo-Kai Watch, Puzzle & Dragons Z: Pazudora Z, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Fantasy Life etc.

User Info: Jamie64326

Jamie64326
1 month ago#3
I've bought 3rd party on both Switch and 3DS along with other Nintendo consoles. And don't assume a lot of Nintendo fans don't buy 3rd party.

User Info: Ercknn

Ercknn
1 month ago#4
I buy 3rd party for my PS4.
I buy Nintendo exclusives only for my switch.
I go digital only for PS4 and physical for my switch
PSN: ercknn
3ds FC: 2836-0802-5688 Switch FC: SW-1065-5868-2114

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
1 month ago#5
I buy a lot of 3rd party platformers, metroidvania games, run-&-gun games, Shoot-'Em-Ups, beat-em-ups, racing games, puzzle games & JRPG's on the Switch, because I felt that most of those genres fits with Nintendo better with it's audience than on either Xbox or Playstation consoles.

User Info: SyCo_VeNoM

SyCo_VeNoM
1 month ago#6
I own something like 25 games

I'd say over half of those are 3rd party

As for why most don't sell over a million I'm guessing you are referring to the 3rd party multiplatform games as the exclusives seem to do quite well.

If so then it is usually because most people own more then one system, and a good chunk of them are older games that people who are fans of the series already played. It kinda is like the Wii U situation where the Wii U was getting a game for full price where the PS360 the games were already 50-70% off or in the case of Mass Effect 3 the PS360 got the trilogy for $50 a week before the Wii U got #3 for $60(100% serious BTW).

Some of it is also the horrendous advertising as I almost never see any form or promotion for the Switch versions of games. I see PS4, and xbox games mentioned ALL the time in in ads on TV, and gaming news articles, but they are extremely silent about Switch versions outside Nintendo directs.

Late ports I kinda touched on this 2 above, but I won't generally buy a game 2 times(it has to be REALLY Good) as I don't replay games due to having so many I've yet to play. I've bought games on Steam sales for $4-5 that I seen released on the Switch for $20-$40 so no thanks.

just a few I can think of off the top of my head.
AstralFrost: What part is unique about the Wii U thats actually positive? The underpowered console? The direct ipad ripoff controller? The slew of platformers?

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
1 month ago#7
I buy a lot of third-party for my Switch.
Bomberman deserves to be in Smash as a playable fighter. R.I.P. Miiverse 2012 - 2017. R.I.P. Miitomo 2016 - 2018.

User Info: Exurna

Exurna
1 month ago#8
ColdOne666 posted...

Months ago we found out that both Octopath Traveler and Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle did but those don't count, of course.

Then again, you're not here to have a reasoned discussion based in reality, are you?
I can imagine folks who blindly attack Nintendo all day get paid to do so.

User Info: metaphysician

metaphysician
1 month ago#9
1. "A lot" is such a vague term as to be meaningless

2. Mario + Rabbids, Pokken, and Octopath Traveller are all 3rd party releases that have over a million copies.

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
1 month ago#10
Exurna posted...
ColdOne666 posted...

Months ago we found out that both Octopath Traveler and Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle did but those don't count, of course.

Then again, you're not here to have a reasoned discussion based in reality, are you?

Well, I would only half count Mario x Rabbids
Killing Backlog: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Dragon Quest XI, Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why don't a lot of Nintendo fans buy 3rd party?
  • Topic Archived