• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why does Splatoon 2's online feel so much better than SSBU's online?

User Info: RusselRaZe

RusselRaZe
3 months ago#1
Topic.
When I play Splatoon 2 online, it feels amazing and can actually play competitively, but in Ultimate, the online's just laggy as hell with so much input delay, even if I'm 1v1ing a friend in the same city as me.

I don't know much about the technicalities of how online works, so I apologize for my ignorance.
3DS FC: 1650-2244-8817 | Switch FC: SW-1309-9180-6134
http://www.twitch.tv/russelraze | Reimu for Smash

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
3 months ago#2
It's kinda random. The internet is basically magic anyway.

Like my computer thinks I'm in Canada, but my phone on wifi is in the US (sometimes mexico). This causes all sorts of bogus for me personally.
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | New 3DS | Wii | DS lite | GCN + GBP | GBA SP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360

User Info: radiobutton

radiobutton
3 months ago#3
I'm no expert, but I think the netcode for fighting games and shooters are just different. Shooters just need to transmit positioning and hit data or something, while fighting games need to send more (like controller input) to ensure the other party receives the proper feedback in a timely manner. That's why laggy shooters have people teleport around, while laggy fighting games wait and slow down.

User Info: RusselRaZe

RusselRaZe
3 months ago#4
radiobutton posted...
I'm no expert, but I think the netcode for fighting games and shooters are just different. Shooters just need to transmit positioning and hit data or something, while fighting games need to send more (like controller input) to ensure the other party receives the proper feedback in a timely manner. That's why laggy shooters have people teleport around, while laggy fighting games wait and slow down.

That does make sense, to me at least.
I'm wondering though if anyone else who is an expert can weigh in on this?
3DS FC: 1650-2244-8817 | Switch FC: SW-1309-9180-6134
http://www.twitch.tv/russelraze | Reimu for Smash

User Info: AdmiralStiff

AdmiralStiff
3 months ago#5
RusselRaZe posted...
radiobutton posted...

That does make sense, to me at least.
I'm wondering though if anyone else who is an expert can weigh in on this?

I am no expert, but lag also hits you harder on 2D games
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why does Splatoon 2's online feel so much better than SSBU's online?
  • Topic Archived