• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. November NPD: Switch is 75% up from last year and Pokemon LG is top seller!

User Info: Sony4theWin

Sony4theWin
1 month ago#1
Absolutely incredible. Analysts believed the Switch to be slowing momentum but it turns out that Switch is UP from last year, not just in Japan but in America as well!! This is great news for the Switch!! If Nintendo Switch hit almost 18 million units in 1 year then there is no doubt it will reach the 20 million goal!!

Congratulations once again to Nintendo! I cannot wait to see what happens in the most important month of the year (December)'

"YoY:
Switch: +75%
3DS: -39%
PS4: -13%
XBO: -3%
Other: -6%

The top-selling titles (physical only) were RDR2, Black Ops 4 and Pokemon Let's go Pikachu/Eevee"
PlayStation: Greatness Awaits?
(message deleted)

User Info: fernantendo

fernantendo
1 month ago#3
But it seems like PS4 still beat it. But anyone should expect that.

Sony went in hard, taking their absolute best shot, with that $200 Spiderman bundle...and it just barely paid off. Meanwhile, Nintendo was like "just throw in a year-and-a-half old game that is also a WiiU port, and keep the price $300", and nearly walked out the winner.
Let's get ON with it! - Bill from The Last of Us

User Info: Linetrix

Linetrix
1 month ago#4
fernantendo posted...
Sony went in hard, taking their absolute best shot, with that $200 Spiderman bundle...and it just barely paid off.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Imagine being this delusional.
"Saying someone is Japanese is offensive" -"Just because someone called you a xenophobe, that doesn't make it a violation" - GameFAQs mods

User Info: The_shoemaker

The_shoemaker
1 month ago#5
Ps4 must have sold like crazy last year to be down this year.

User Info: PS4Warrior

PS4Warrior
1 month ago#6
Damn Pokemon Leaf green sure made quite a comeback.
PS4 - Because it was the next gen console i was the most interested in.
Warrior - Because i usually pick the Warrior class in MMORPGs when i played them.

User Info: StickMen1090

StickMen1090
1 month ago#7
Linetrix posted...
fernantendo posted...
Sony went in hard, taking their absolute best shot, with that $200 Spiderman bundle...and it just barely paid off.

Err.... they were suppose to demolish sales for November and they barely edged out the switch. Nintendo definitely made a hell of a lot more money from hardware than Sony did. And there probably wasn't a reason to give a free game as well that probably hurt their revenue
``if the system is easy to develop for then that just confirms how weak it is" shaunme - 2014
"PS3 had a successful launch" Linetrix - 2018

User Info: Sony4theWin

Sony4theWin
1 month ago#8
Linetrix posted...
fernantendo posted...

A FREE AAA game that isn't even 3 months old is a generous offering from Sony. I am very happy that my coworker who couldn't afford a PS4 just to buy Spiderman was able to participate in this deal. Nintendo must have also played a massive factor in these heavy price drops. Overall this is great news for the consumer.

Nintendo helped force Sony to drop the prices of their hardware so low to the point of losing profit to get more of their products to the consumers!! VERY GOOD.
PlayStation: Greatness Awaits?

User Info: GymLeaderSparda

GymLeaderSparda
1 month ago#9
*Pulls Nintendo's joycon out of TC's mouth*
You're welcome!

User Info: Linetrix

Linetrix
1 month ago#10
StickMen1090 posted...
they were suppose to demolish sales for November

[Citation needed]
"Saying someone is Japanese is offensive" -"Just because someone called you a xenophobe, that doesn't make it a violation" - GameFAQs mods
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. November NPD: Switch is 75% up from last year and Pokemon LG is top seller!
  • Topic Archived