• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. November NPD numbers for PS4, Xbox and Switch leak.

User Info: TheShining79

TheShining79
3 months ago#361
kinggravy posted...
INTERWEBUSER posted...
Comyx posted...
I'm wondering: why exactly some people are claiming stuff like "It'll probably struggle to surpass 50M in year 4, will probably stop at 50-70M overall"?
Let me remind you that so far Switch's sales are more or less on par with what PS4 was doing during the same timeframe. 50M can probably be achieved in 3 years or so, with the way things are going. And considering 2019 seems more promising than 2018 which was a bit slow games-wise, I doubt sales will be lower than this year.

Because of how front loaded the million sellers are. LOZ, Mario, MK, MP, SSB, Pokemon all before its second birthday. Of course Nintendo can make second games that are traditionally one per console but it could also stagnate like Wii and Wii u’s later years.

Pokemon is usually yearly, irrelevant.
Different Mario's also come out per generation, irrelevant.
MK8 was a port so MK9 could still come, irrelevant.
Most gens have gotten two Zelda's, NES, N64,
GC, Wii. Irrelevant.
Metroid Prime can be pumped out once the engine's done. Gens have gotten multiple Primes. Irrelevant.

The only thing you've listed that's actually one per gen is Smash. You've also dropped a multitude of other big Nintendo IPs. DK, FE, AC, Yoshi, Splatoon. All million sellers.

Yup. They have more than enough to get to 11/2022 when they release their new system. People act like Nintendo consoles have 10 year shelf lives.
sig.

User Info: goldenraven20

goldenraven20
3 months ago#362
king_madden posted...
goldenraven20 posted...

They don't need 15m from October to March. They need 15m+ from April 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019. Considering they've already shipped 5.07m the past two quarters, they need almost exactly 10m over the holiday season and the first three months of 2019 to have growth. That is very easily attainable.

Im not really sure what youre arguing here, they predicted 20m sold between april and march, seling barely above what they did last year would be seen as a bad year, and not acceptable growth. I thought you were saying they needed that many to reach 20m.

I'm saying that since they sold 15.05m units last fiscal year, they only need more than that to achieve growth. 20m is their projection, but they don't need to hit that number to have growth.

Even if they sold over 17m for the entire fiscal year, that is about the same as the PS4 in 2015 and the GBA's best selling year, so that's not bad at all.

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
3 months ago#363
goldenraven20 posted...
king_madden posted...
goldenraven20 posted...

They don't need 15m from October to March. They need 15m+ from April 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019. Considering they've already shipped 5.07m the past two quarters, they need almost exactly 10m over the holiday season and the first three months of 2019 to have growth. That is very easily attainable.

Im not really sure what youre arguing here, they predicted 20m sold between april and march, seling barely above what they did last year would be seen as a bad year, and not acceptable growth. I thought you were saying they needed that many to reach 20m.

I'm saying that since they sold 15.05m units last fiscal year, they only need more than that to achieve growth. 20m is their projection, but they don't need to hit that number to have growth.

Even if they sold over 17m for the entire fiscal year, that is about the same as the PS4 in 2015 and the GBA's best selling year, so that's not bad at all.

Falling 3mil short wouldnt be a good look, selling similar to ps4 years ago, or comparing numbers to gba wouldnt be very consoling for them
currently playing spiderman, dragonquest xi, valkyria chronicles 4

User Info: talesfan215

talesfan215
3 months ago#364
Where is WonkyKong at? I'm really worried right now.

User Info: OurGirlCelica

OurGirlCelica
3 months ago#365
talesfan215 posted...
Where is WonkyKong at? I'm really worried right now.

I know right? I mean to be fair he was warned when this topic first got posted but now he’s back and he appears to have logged in today with nothing from him 😕.

@WonkyKong

User Info: rubbercar

rubbercar
3 months ago#366
Wait.....all 3 companies are doing well and the gaming industry is somewhat healthy?? Sounds like something people should get f***in mad about

User Info: sylverlolol

sylverlolol
3 months ago#367
@Trumpanzee posted...
metroidman18 posted...
Come out of your caves already.

Abusing the tagging system to provoke other users. Moderators notified. Don't harass me.

That's not a thing. Something isn't instantly harassment just because you want it to be.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
3 months ago#368
sylverlolol posted...
That's not a thing.

It actually is.
List of words considered flaming when used against Sony fans: Drone,Pony,Troll,Fanboy,Toxic.
List of words considered flaming when used against Nintendo fans:

User Info: OurGirlCelica

OurGirlCelica
3 months ago#369
NintendoGamer83 posted...
sylverlolol posted...
That's not a thing.

It actually is.

Really? That didn’t seem like anything to me. I guess some people are just too damn sensitive.

Also... when someone quotes a mention it doesn’t even trigger the notification bell again like it used to 5-6 months ago. So yeah... he was complaining for the sake of it.

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
3 months ago#370
It's basically tag-trolling if you just keep tagging people in topics they're not involved in for reactions.
If you're just replying to them though, that's not harrassment or tag-trolling.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. November NPD numbers for PS4, Xbox and Switch leak.
  • Topic Archived