• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. November NPD numbers for PS4, Xbox and Switch leak.

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
4 months ago#351
goldenraven20 posted...

They don't need 15m from October to March. They need 15m+ from April 1, 2018 - March 31, 2019. Considering they've already shipped 5.07m the past two quarters, they need almost exactly 10m over the holiday season and the first three months of 2019 to have growth. That is very easily attainable.

Im not really sure what youre arguing here, they predicted 20m sold between april and march, seling barely above what they did last year would be seen as a bad year, and not acceptable growth. I thought you were saying they needed that many to reach 20m.
StickMen1090 posted...
Sources for what? Analysts predictions? They are all over the Internet.

Yes, and source to how much of a hit did they take on revenue planning the same type of sales they do every year.
currently playing spiderman, dragonquest xi, valkyria chronicles 4

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
4 months ago#352
DiscostewSM posted...
raulgarcia2 posted...
kinggravy posted...
@afr1234 are you drunk?

You seem to be struggling to type a complete sentence without errors. You may want to seek medical help.

a lot of users use this message board to try to de-stress and seek relief. silentdarkway, the guy who makes a bunch of alts, are two examples i know of. i really pity them. the guy who keeps spamming alts is obsessive with harrassing other users and deluded himself into thinking that he's successfully trolling the nintendo fantrolls, but the irony is that he is the one who is getting trolled by them.

there's also the scorpio kid who keeps @mentioning users and is obsessed with getting them to respond, and if u ignore him he keeps doing it. it makes u wonder what issues they had going on in real life, and perhaps this board is essentially a sanctuary for them.

It's all projection. Trolls these days are angry, impatient, and easily offended.

Everyone here has trolled or been trolled, this comment might as well be for everyone. Then try to convince yourselves how sad and damaged the trolls that bait you into arguments are to justify the crusades. Using the logic applied here your statement would be true about every one here. (Well the usuals that respond and argue)
currently playing spiderman, dragonquest xi, valkyria chronicles 4

User Info: RennanNT

RennanNT
4 months ago#353
GuitaristMatt posted...
How many units were sold in December last year? If they can get 5 million in December, I'll believe it.

I don't know worldwide numbers, but they sold 1.5 millions in Dec/17 on US. US numbers tend to be 32~34% of worldwide numbers, so a rough estimate would be around 4.5 millions. Even if we use a conservative 4 millions, Let's Go + Smash should get the +25% YoY easily.

There just doesn't seem to be anything else outside of machina and maybe/ probably not fire emblem.
Fire emblem will sell some consoles, but not more than 1m like pokemon.

If you mean first quarter, it has NSMBU, although it's a Wii U port and disliked in this board, it's one of their best selling franchise, add Yoshi (or something as big as Kirby in March) and next quarter should top last years' 2.9 million.

Nintendo should have no problem in getting 17mi this fy (35 total). To reach their 20mi prediction though, they will have to maintain YoY growth over 60% (assuming they did that worldwide). Which is really hard, but I'm not as skeptical as I was before this +75% in November.

User Info: Comyx

Comyx
4 months ago#354
I'm wondering: why exactly some people are claiming stuff like "It'll probably struggle to surpass 50M in year 4, will probably stop at 50-70M overall"?
Let me remind you that so far Switch's sales are more or less on par with what PS4 was doing during the same timeframe. 50M can probably be achieved in 3 years or so, with the way things are going. And considering 2019 seems more promising than 2018 which was a bit slow games-wise, I doubt sales will be lower than this year.
PC / Switch / PS4 / 3DS

User Info: kinggravy

kinggravy
4 months ago#355
OurGirlCelica posted...
raulgarcia2 posted...

a lot of users use this message board to try to de-stress and seek relief. silentdarkway, the guy who makes a bunch of alts, are two examples i know of. i really pity them.

You think silentdarkway is the one making the alts? Lmao.

They didn't say that, although interesting you continue to be defensive about being @SilentDarkway .
FC: 2852-7398-0118

User Info: OurGirlCelica

OurGirlCelica
4 months ago#356
kinggravy posted...
OurGirlCelica posted...
raulgarcia2 posted...

a lot of users use this message board to try to de-stress and seek relief. silentdarkway, the guy who makes a bunch of alts, are two examples i know of. i really pity them.

You think silentdarkway is the one making the alts? Lmao.

They didn't say that

Oh never mind I can see it now. My mistake @raulgarcia2

User Info: INTERWEBUSER

INTERWEBUSER
4 months ago#357
Comyx posted...
I'm wondering: why exactly some people are claiming stuff like "It'll probably struggle to surpass 50M in year 4, will probably stop at 50-70M overall"?
Let me remind you that so far Switch's sales are more or less on par with what PS4 was doing during the same timeframe. 50M can probably be achieved in 3 years or so, with the way things are going. And considering 2019 seems more promising than 2018 which was a bit slow games-wise, I doubt sales will be lower than this year.

Because of how front loaded the million sellers are. LOZ, Mario, MK, MP, SSB, Pokemon all before its second birthday. Of course Nintendo can make second games that are traditionally one per console but it could also stagnate like Wii and Wii u’s later years.
PLAYSTATION 4: Best Console Ever | ROCKSTAR: Best Developer Ever
Trolling (v.): Posting an opinion that differs from yours

User Info: Significant

Significant
4 months ago#358
talesfan215 posted...
I'll just go ahead and post this for WonkyKong, who was the first one to post in Media Create.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arnWU1sWqKw

Hooray for PS4 remaining at the top in the biggest market, @WonkyKong, @Sony4theWin.

Haha that was a good video.
Snowflake: A term used by snowflakes

User Info: kinggravy

kinggravy
4 months ago#359
INTERWEBUSER posted...
Comyx posted...

Because of how front loaded the million sellers are. LOZ, Mario, MK, MP, SSB, Pokemon all before its second birthday. Of course Nintendo can make second games that are traditionally one per console but it could also stagnate like Wii and Wii u’s later years.

Pokemon is usually yearly, irrelevant.
Different Mario's also come out per generation, irrelevant.
MK8 was a port so MK9 could still come, irrelevant.
Most gens have gotten two Zelda's, NES, N64,
GC, Wii. Irrelevant.
Metroid Prime can be pumped out once the engine's done. Gens have gotten multiple Primes. Irrelevant.

The only thing you've listed that's actually one per gen is Smash. You've also dropped a multitude of other big Nintendo IPs. DK, FE, AC, Yoshi, Splatoon. All million sellers.
FC: 2852-7398-0118

User Info: ChickenSpice

ChickenSpice
4 months ago#360
Significant posted...
talesfan215 posted...
I'll just go ahead and post this for WonkyKong, who was the first one to post in Media Create.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arnWU1sWqKw

Hooray for PS4 remaining at the top in the biggest market, @WonkyKong, @Sony4theWin.

Haha that was a good video.

Wonky always posts that at every Media Create and sometimes posts three times in a row. Now as you can see he's MIA. He'll probably pop his little head again at the next Media Create.
http://i.imgur.com/K97bNUW.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. November NPD numbers for PS4, Xbox and Switch leak.
  • Topic Archived