• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Most productive way to do a Gamecube controller on Switch

User Info: ryanm32

ryanm32
3 months ago#1
Call me a dummy, but I'm confused as to the Gamecube controller/switch set-up works. You can use both regular Gamecube controllers with an adapter, but there's also a specific Gamecube controller for Switch? if you use standard controllers, how or can you navigate the menu/home?

Basically, I'm looking for some help on this ideal set-up: Smash with the option for four players conveniently, Gamecube controller for me and otherwise it doesn't matter as much. I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest option, but I don't have tons of money to spare. What is the most accessible way to use Gamecube controllers on Switch, almost entirely for Smash at this point.

Thank you for the help!
www.culturetease.com

User Info: Ninkobra

Ninkobra
3 months ago#2
You can use standard GameCube controllers with the adapter. (I suppose 3rd party adapters like the Mayflash one works as well.)

There are GameCube-inspired controllers that are either wireless or wired via USB. They are functionally the same as a Pro controller, complete with Home and capture buttons. Price and quality may vary.

There is also a wireless adapter that allows you to use a standard GameCube controller, and has buttons on the adapter to make up for the GameCube controller's lack of buttons (ZL, Home, Capture, etc). They're made by 8bitdo, who many people sing their praises.

I hope this helps.
Switch FC: SW-3270-1023-4844 (Trvial)
Discord: TrvialMatter#1716
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Most productive way to do a Gamecube controller on Switch
  • Topic Archived