• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Do you expect video game droughts for Nintendo Switch in 2019?

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
2 months ago#81
Jasmin2002-x posted...
kinggravy posted...
It's pretty interesting that after Nintendo releases a hit game and hardware sales are up that suddenly so many concerned citizens are wondering what's in store for 2019

This. It can't have anything to do with the fact that it's mid December and 2019 is right around the corner. Nooooo, it's all a huge conspiracy to make Nintendo look bad.

kinggravy might be right if Nintendo has a ton of games to release in 2019. Curious, why don't they have a direct in December?
Favorite NFL Team: The Los Angeles Rams

User Info: Ace-of-Clubs

Ace-of-Clubs
2 months ago#82
supertecmobowl posted...
Jasmin2002-x posted...
kinggravy posted...
It's pretty interesting that after Nintendo releases a hit game and hardware sales are up that suddenly so many concerned citizens are wondering what's in store for 2019

This. It can't have anything to do with the fact that it's mid December and 2019 is right around the corner. Nooooo, it's all a huge conspiracy to make Nintendo look bad.

kinggravy might be right if Nintendo has a ton of games to release in 2019. Curious, why don't they have a direct in December?

They rarely do iirc. Usually they have one in January / February to start teasing the year's releases.
I am Ace-of-Clubs, and I approve this message.
"oh boy I can't wait to date those samurai guys" - FSABot

supertecmobowl
2 months ago#83
Ace-of-Clubs posted...
supertecmobowl posted...
Jasmin2002-x posted...
kinggravy posted...

They rarely do iirc. Usually they have one in January / February to start teasing the year's releases.

So it's safe to say, Nintendo has sacrificed the first month of 2019? Or are you looking forward to NSMBU?

User Info: Ace-of-Clubs

Ace-of-Clubs
2 months ago#84
supertecmobowl posted...
Ace-of-Clubs posted...
supertecmobowl posted...
Jasmin2002-x posted...
kinggravy posted...

So it's safe to say, Nintendo has sacrificed the first month of 2019? Or are you looking forward to NSMBU?

If you really want to know, I'm looking forward to Vesperia DE. As for what Nintendo is planning or why they do what they do, beats me. You asked a question, I answered it.
I am Ace-of-Clubs, and I approve this message.
"oh boy I can't wait to date those samurai guys" - FSABot

User Info: BoundHunters

BoundHunters
2 months ago#85
Dark_SilverX posted...
freedumbdclxvi posted...
I expect it will be a third straight good year without droughts.

Pretty much this.

New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
Metroid Prime 4
Pokemon whatever

2019 already won thanks to NSMBUD.

no system wins with a port of a New Super Mario Bros. game...like come on.
Synbios459 currently in the lead for #1 worst topic

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
2 months ago#86
supertecmobowl posted...
So it's safe to say, Nintendo has sacrificed the first month of 2019?

I’d love to see this expounded upon.
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi/Go:9267 2163 5632

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
2 months ago#87
Most of the systems existence has been game droughts.

User Info: BenjaMan64

BenjaMan64
2 months ago#88
Naruzeldamaster posted...
Also WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT INDIVISIBLE
Ya know, the kickstarter game that saved Lab 0's ass?
It's not going to be a heavy hitter, but it's one of the first few in 2019 I'm hyped for.

Huh. I had forgotten all about that. Thanks for reminding us. Here's a trailer if someone else is curious.

https://youtu.be/VBkAr039RUY
Check yourselves for Hepatitis C. By the time symptoms show up, it may be too late to prevent permanent damage.
Rest in peace, Mom. 12/08/1947-11/10/2018.

User Info: kinggravy

kinggravy
2 months ago#89
supertecmobowl posted...
Ace-of-Clubs posted...
supertecmobowl posted...
Jasmin2002-x posted...
kinggravy posted...

That's actually better than last year. I don't even remember if anything major came out the start of last year. It's pretty clear Nintendo doesn't prioritize "winter" post holiday. I think Sony is the only one that does. After all, it's a low buying time where many have already spent their money on Xmas and are still playing through Holiday titles.

NSMBU will probably do well. What you don't seem to get is that a lot of people didn't buy a Wii U and want these ports. The "Nintendo fans" would be the ones who aren't interested since they bought it the first time.
FC: 2852-7398-0118

supertecmobowl
2 months ago#90
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
Judgment100 posted...
Every system has droughts every year. There can't be big releases every single month all year round.

That's not true. Sony, PC, X-Box have tons of games every month with a few standout titles every month.

The reason is because its not just Sony or Microsoft making these games. It's the third party support. Thanks to third party support there is never really a drought on those systems.

Sony doesn't need to release anything when Capcom is giving them Resident Evil 2, and Devil May Cry. WB games is giving them MK11.
Anthem, Kingdom Hearts 3, Metro Exodus, Rage 2, Sekiro, Jump Force, Shenmue 3, Code Vien to go along with the yearly Call of Duty, Asssassin's Creed, Madden, FiFa, MLB, UFC, NHL games and more.

MAYBE there is no game for you personally on a given month. But every month big games and tons of games overall on these systems.

Switch is the best third party support Nintendo has gotten in decades but it still has a way to go.

@OMEGA_RUGAL

They have to say there's droughts on other systems, because reasons.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Do you expect video game droughts for Nintendo Switch in 2019?
  • Topic Archived