• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Hoping for help with Lan issue on Nintendo Switch

User Info: alshands

alshands
1 month ago#1
Hi everybody -

I bought a HORI Lan Adapter to get better internet performance when I play on the Switch, specifically for Mario Tennis, Super Smash and Splatoon 2. Unfortunately, I have had a very poor experience. I have a 1GB download / 30MBPS upload speed from my carrier, and I get a ping of 15-30ms on anything I play, even on the West Coast usually

I am plugged directly in a Netgear Nighthawk $400 3.1 Docsis Gigabit modem/router that has four ethernet ports - there are no bridge or in-between router issues

On the Switch, i get 15MBPS/15MBPS, although ping is more important. Much more importantly, though, my play on Smash, Tennis and Splatoon 2 is constantly a stutter fest and I constantly get bars and errors with connection loss and so forth

I have already done obvious things like restarting the router. Would appreciate any help with this

User Info: SyCo_VeNoM

SyCo_VeNoM
1 month ago#2
is it configured properly?
Try doing the settings manually that might fix it.

Weird thing the other day mine was having an issue which was telling me it couldn't connect to the internet to claim my coins foe smash which is weird as it was working last week with the same settings (since launch)when I claimed 2 games, and updated them, but meh I've seen stranger crap with networking gear. Once I set it to manual, and input my network info it worked fine.
My case it was the DNS servers settings it was set to auto while the IP was in manual mode... no idea how the DNS got set to auto as I always enter my network info.

Also it could potentially be an issue with the nodes you are connecting to on the internet to get to the destination. I once had major issues connecting to WoW years back when I played getting insane lag, and DC's constantly turned out one of the nodes I connected to on route to Blizzards data center was acting up, and if that is the case there is nothing you can do as I was kinda screwed for almost a month till the network re-routed me, or it was fixed(not sure what happened). I was able to use a proxy to get around it(had my friend set one up temporarily to see)
AstralFrost: What part is unique about the Wii U thats actually positive? The underpowered console? The direct ipad ripoff controller? The slew of platformers?

User Info: Kovatch

Kovatch
1 month ago#3
I'd manually enter the IP adress and settings and reset NS.
PONG <3 ATARI Bally CAPCOM Chunsoft ENIX Gottlieb KONAMI LEVEL-5 MIDWAY namco Nintendo SEGA TAiTO Williams <DRAGON WARRIORS FOREVER> Love conquers all.

User Info: alshands

alshands
1 month ago#4
Thanks for the tips. I tried manual configuration and it didn't help. I reset everything - it didn't help.

I have 3 different consoles (PS4 Pro, 3DS, Switch) and over 400 games on my computer and this stuff only happens on the Switch.

I am only getting 25/15 upload/download on a wired line to a 1000/40 internet connection and random lags and disconnects in all my Switch games
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Hoping for help with Lan issue on Nintendo Switch
  • Topic Archived