• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Unpopular opinion: AVGN's skits are not funny and Playing with Sacks > JMM

User Info: Larsa_Britdor

Larsa_Britdor
3 months ago#1
Assuming many of you guys know/watch Cinemassacre or Game Sack.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion. I think AVGN is still funny when talking about the games/consoles in his newer episodes.
But I think it's pretty obvious the screenwave unfunny guys write the script now. The skits have gotten unfunny and pointless. But they got a bigger budget now so we have to deal with more skits and unnecessary SFX sequences not adding anything to the scenes. It seems now it's mandatory to have a random useless scene where the nerd goes somewhere for like 5 minutes. Maybe James needs to stop hanging with Doug Walker.

And another opinion that will get bashed, James and Mike Mondays has gotten boring fast. Mike became more and more self aware and obnoxious. He keeps spouting misinformation, and their internal jokes are, well, obviously only funny for them, but they keep padding episodes with those. If you like the random nonsense they waste time chatting about, straight up putting the controllers down to talk, then you probably think it's still entertaining.
I think Playing with Sacks is far superior. They edit the episodes better, they actually don't deviate from the subject of the game too far, they actually do research and know what they're talking about, and as much of a big angry manchild that Joe is on social media, even himself stays pretty chill during PwS. They're both into it, while in JMM Mike is obviously the only one actually interested.

Screenwave Media was the worst thing to happen to Cinemassacre. And Mike is just unpleasant to watch. Screenwave and Mike just come across as a gang of leeches using James' name.
I'd rather James have took his time with movie reviews solo instead of letting sleep-inducing Ryan's company bastardize AVGN in exchange for more frequent episodes.

User Info: colt85

colt85
3 months ago#2
And this is relevant because...
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
3DS (2294 6040 1182) NNID (Calkubo)

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
3 months ago#3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
http://i.imgur.com/XlFTtor.jpg

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
3 months ago#4
both have their pros and cons. GS does seem to have more chemistry than James and Mike though.
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
3 months ago#5
They're both a waste of time.
They were forming a circle, red-eyed, passing over a large marijuana cigarette ; I was wiping my eyes frantically to fit in.

User Info: zelgamerguy

zelgamerguy
3 months ago#6
AVGN will always have a spot for me. I started watching him in 2007. I have out grown much of his stuff but still give views and likes.

Game Sacks is superior for actual game discussion and showcasing.

Ps. Mike is a douche.
Gamertag: Zelgamer68w PSN: zelgamerguy
3DS: 2707-3051-5461/Switch: Zelgamer 0756-7925-9387

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
3 months ago#7
i never really liked the skits. sometimes they are fine but...yeah. i've been watching since he was still the angry nintendo nerd and just never got in to the skit parts. i'll watch his videos until he's dead or gives it up, though. when he's actually playing/talking about the games it's almost always quality stuff.

Ps. Mike is a douche.

User Info: Hell_Thrasher

Hell_Thrasher
3 months ago#8
I like both, but AVGN is a lot better. I mean, if you like watching guys talk about games, Game Sack is the best show on Youtube for that.

It reminds me a lot of shows like Electronic Playground, in the best possible way (was hosted by Tommy Tallarico, who did the music for Earthworm Jim, and another little known game called Metroid Prime).

But AVGN is just top tier comedy. How crass and vile and juvenile the jokes tend to be, is actually very clever.

Game Sack isn't very funny, but in it's defense, it's not meant to be. But I still feel AVGN is the better show.

Let's Plays are s***, and a complete waste of time.
"If the anime doesn't make me question if I'm on cocaine, then it's not worth my time" - The greatest human being who ever lived.

User Info: BinBinricecake

BinBinricecake
3 months ago#9
Hell_Thrasher posted...
I like both, but AVGN is a lot better. I mean, if you like watching guys talk about games, Game Sack is the best show on Youtube for that.

It reminds me a lot of shows like Electronic Playground, in the best possible way (was hosted by Tommy Tallarico, who did the music for Earthworm Jim, and another little known game called Metroid Prime).

But AVGN is just top tier comedy. How crass and vile and juvenile the jokes tend to be, is actually very clever.

Game Sack isn't very funny, but in it's defense, it's not meant to be. But I still feel AVGN is the better show.

Let's Plays are s***, and a complete waste of time.

99.9999999% of lets plays in a nut shell: "Hoi gois, welcome to my lets play of _____. Hit dat like and sub button"
Optional: "Leave a comment below and one lucky winna will get a gift card!"
Gamefaq's isn't a place for discussion.People come to get a kick out of insulting people and talk politics,not games.Mods are pretty useless in that regard.

User Info: RussiaOne

RussiaOne
3 months ago#10
Absolutely love Game Sack. Their humor is right up my alley.

Never cared for Mike Mattei.

Still love AVGN.
Yes, I am
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Unpopular opinion: AVGN's skits are not funny and Playing with Sacks > JMM
  • Topic Archived