• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Reggie: Don't Expect Nintendo Switch Online To Mirror The Competition

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
3 months ago#141
rubbercar posted...
Ok i'll play along

If you pay 20 for gas but actually only get 2 dollars worth in return, is that a good deal

Now remember gas is optional, you can push the car instead if you wish

Whats the analogy here? Trying to see where you were going with this.

Jinzo 111887 posted...
The problem is the "service" is easily comparable to ransomware and piracy. In third party and indie games, the developers covering the cost, so Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft aren't paying a single penny for it. It's covered by the cost of software sales. This means you're paying the wrong party for online play as they're not using the money to actually make online multiplayer possible, just to remove a barrier that they set up because they feel like they're entitled to money for sitting on their butts. With first party games, it makes them look bad. Even EA doesn't charge for online multiplayer and they've got a pretty bad reputation.

Its funny i can pretty much tell you what youre going yo say before you say it at this point. But for the 27495th time, they arent charging you for mp, theyre just charging for your system to be able to connect to them.
NintendoGamer83 posted...
But u wont see them on PS4 board whining every day about it

...youre obsessed with ps4/sony fans arent you? Can count on them being mentioned in majority of your posts to some extent
currently playing spiderman, dragonquest xi, valkyria chronicles 4

User Info: ikki5

ikki5
3 months ago#142
cyberDefender posted...
then PS4 said: "Gotcha b****!" and now we have to pay $60 to play online.

But u wont see them on PS4 board whining every day about it

Maybe you should actually go check out the PS4 board. Sure, it might not be every day, but people do still complain about it a lot.
All signatures are offensive!

User Info: cymanx

cymanx
3 months ago#143
HylianKnight1 posted...
I like NES games as much as the next guy, but Nintendo really needs to add compatibility with SNES and N64 games if they want this service to be a suitable replacement for Virtual Console.

The problem with the Nintendo 64 virtual console is weed only get like 10 or 12 good games that are from Nintendo.
vr6exyvr6exy wants to connect his PS4 to his mobile hot spot.

User Info: cyberDefender

cyberDefender
3 months ago#144
Brasen posted...
Disappointed with the vote results. Those few yeses should have also been nos. But Reggie it already doesn't mirror the competition! Nintendo online is nothing more than a gouging paywall instead of a dubious sucker service like the other two, bam, there's your difference

So if we dont have a hive Nintendo hating mind theres something wrong with the community?

User Info: metroidman18

metroidman18
3 months ago#145
cyberDefender posted...
Brasen posted...
Disappointed with the vote results. Those few yeses should have also been nos. But Reggie it already doesn't mirror the competition! Nintendo online is nothing more than a gouging paywall instead of a dubious sucker service like the other two, bam, there's your difference

So if we dont have a hive Nintendo hating mind theres something wrong with the community?

The hive Nintendo loving mind is the reason we have to pay $20 for s***, unimproved service that makes it ok because "omg classic games"
"Imagine starting a Mario Kart time trial, using up all your mushroom boosts in the first lap, and bragging about your first lap time"-Nintendo Switch

User Info: doutforharambe

doutforharambe
3 months ago#146
Sometimes you have to at least match what the others are doing. When the 360 had achievments sony copied them and made trophies for example. Sometimes you have to take those other ideas and implement them into you own infrastructure.

I get that nintendo wants to innovate. They have made things like rumble industry standards. What seems to get in their way is the idea that other companies have also created industry standards. Xbox created an industry standard with xbox live, its ok nintendo to take the best parts of that service to implement your own. Sony did, and it appeased those fans. I just wish they would snap out of that way of thinking that they dont have anything to learn from the others.
FDT

User Info: VOODOOSTEVE

VOODOOSTEVE
3 months ago#147
TheFallenPriest posted...
kungpowchicken posted...
Yup.
For 33% of the cost of other services we should be ENTITLED to everything other services have and more

If you want to compare value to the dollar... take a look at what the competitors offer for $60 (with multiple sales a year to get subscriptions for $40).
Amazing sales on games
Free games every month that aren't decades old. (not knocking NES but Nintendo has the best legacy content, they have the ability be giving customers more)
Excellent party options
Voice chat across games, the whole party can even be in different games.
So much to do with Xbox Gold and PS+ that you don't even question its worth.

With NSO, how many people can sit there and say wow, this is exactly what I wanted?
I love Nintendo as much as the next guy, I want to give them my money.
It is mind boggling with how obvious it is consumers want for things that Nintendo just won't do.
Time to play catch up Nintendo. I think your supporters deserve more.

I would rather those services cost only 20, and not give any games or sales. J never used them. I want online, not any of this other junk

This
V00D00STEVE
3ds FC - 3368-2851-2744, FS-Fire type ponyta, pyroar, ?

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
3 months ago#148
VOODOOSTEVE posted...
TheFallenPriest posted...
kungpowchicken posted...
Yup.
For 33% of the cost of other services we should be ENTITLED to everything other services have and more

If you want to compare value to the dollar... take a look at what the competitors offer for $60 (with multiple sales a year to get subscriptions for $40).
Amazing sales on games
Free games every month that aren't decades old. (not knocking NES but Nintendo has the best legacy content, they have the ability be giving customers more)
Excellent party options
Voice chat across games, the whole party can even be in different games.
So much to do with Xbox Gold and PS+ that you don't even question its worth.

With NSO, how many people can sit there and say wow, this is exactly what I wanted?
I love Nintendo as much as the next guy, I want to give them my money.
It is mind boggling with how obvious it is consumers want for things that Nintendo just won't do.
Time to play catch up Nintendo. I think your supporters deserve more.

I would rather those services cost only 20, and not give any games or sales. J never used them. I want online, not any of this other junk

This

These comments prove why they are all behind the sub
currently playing spiderman, dragonquest xi, valkyria chronicles 4

User Info: Jinzo 111887

Jinzo 111887
3 months ago#149
king_madden posted...
Its funny i can pretty much tell you what youre going yo say before you say it at this point. But for the 27495th time, they arent charging you for mp, theyre just charging for your system to be able to connect to them.
The problem with that is that reproduction cartridge creators could claim they're not charging for the copyrighted content, just the "3D printed cartridge shell." Again, still piracy. Anyway, the device connects to the router, which is is connected to a modem, which in turn allows it to connect to the Internet. Nintendo isn't playing any role in that. If you want to claim the system's wifi functionality, that's factored into the cost of the hardware. That's why your excuse doesn't work.
Putting basic functionality of a system like online multiplayer and the ability to back up data behind a premium membership shows little faith in it.

User Info: kungpowchicken

kungpowchicken
3 months ago#150
doutforharambe posted...
Sometimes you have to at least match what the others are doing. When the 360 had achievments sony copied them and made trophies for example. Sometimes you have to take those other ideas and implement them into you own infrastructure.

I get that nintendo wants to innovate. They have made things like rumble industry standards. What seems to get in their way is the idea that other companies have also created industry standards. Xbox created an industry standard with xbox live, its ok nintendo to take the best parts of that service to implement your own. Sony did, and it appeased those fans. I just wish they would snap out of that way of thinking that they dont have anything to learn from the others.

If Nintendo implemented what other companies are doing and offered a competitive price, there would be no hesitation to jump on board. If you look at how much less you are actually getting for $20 a year, it feels like the cost should be less to play your games online.
i7-9700K|MSI Armor GeForce RTX 2070|MSI Z390-A Pro|XPG Z1 16 GB|240 GB WD SSD + ADATA 480 GB SSD + 1 TB 7200RPM WD HD
PSN: kungpowchickn/ STEAM: KungPowChicken
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Reggie: Don't Expect Nintendo Switch Online To Mirror The Competition
  • Topic Archived