• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Reggie: Don't Expect Nintendo Switch Online To Mirror The Competition

User Info: kungpowchicken

kungpowchicken
3 months ago#1
Are you happy with the current/planned future of NSOnline? - Results (391 votes)
Yes
10.74% (42 votes)
No
89.26% (349 votes)
This poll is now closed.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/12/reggie_dont_expect_nintendo_switch_online_to_mirror_the_competition

In terms of the legacy content, we’ve said that our focus right now is for NES content. And that’s what we’ll continue to push on."

How can Nintendo be so blind to the fact that we want VC games other than NES content? C'mon.
Minimal features for the online service, no real voice chat or party options... no deals on games for subscribers... no dedicated servers for games.
They can do a lot better.
i7-9700K|MSI Armor GeForce RTX 2070|MSI Z390-A Pro|XPG Z1 16 GB|240 GB WD SSD + ADATA 480 GB SSD + 1 TB 7200RPM WD HD
PSN: kungpowchickn/ STEAM: KungPowChicken

User Info: HylianKnight1

HylianKnight1
3 months ago#2
I like NES games as much as the next guy, but Nintendo really needs to add compatibility with SNES and N64 games if they want this service to be a suitable replacement for Virtual Console.
Beep boop son, beep boop.

User Info: ken95

ken95
3 months ago#3
They just want to be different for the sake of it.
That's just dumb.

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
3 months ago#4
What a strange thing for him to say when they already took the 1st step towards mirroring the competition with paid online.
I'd expect similar (read: not "same" since it's cheaper) benefits.

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
3 months ago#5
Yup.
For 33% of the cost of other services we should be ENTITLED to everything other services have and more
List of words considered flaming when used against Sony fans: Drone,Pony,Troll,Fanboy,Toxic.
List of words considered flaming when used against Nintendo fans:

User Info: kungpowchicken

kungpowchicken
3 months ago#6
NintendoGamer83 posted...
Yup.
For 33% of the cost of other services we should be ENTITLED to everything other services have and more

If you want to compare value to the dollar... take a look at what the competitors offer for $60 (with multiple sales a year to get subscriptions for $40).
Amazing sales on games
Free games every month that aren't decades old. (not knocking NES but Nintendo has the best legacy content, they have the ability be giving customers more)
Excellent party options
Voice chat across games, the whole party can even be in different games.
So much to do with Xbox Gold and PS+ that you don't even question its worth.

With NSO, how many people can sit there and say wow, this is exactly what I wanted?
I love Nintendo as much as the next guy, I want to give them my money.
It is mind boggling with how obvious it is consumers want for things that Nintendo just won't do.
Time to play catch up Nintendo. I think your supporters deserve more.
i7-9700K|MSI Armor GeForce RTX 2070|MSI Z390-A Pro|XPG Z1 16 GB|240 GB WD SSD + ADATA 480 GB SSD + 1 TB 7200RPM WD HD
PSN: kungpowchickn/ STEAM: KungPowChicken

User Info: MDS2005

MDS2005
3 months ago#7
feraldrgn posted...
What a strange thing for him to say when they already took the 1st step towards mirroring the competition with paid online.

This.

The Switch is "mirroring the competition" far too much.
Or whatever.

User Info: cyberDefender

cyberDefender
3 months ago#8
Im ok with it, thats why I own a PS4. I wont miss the $20 a year so it wont affect me.

User Info: ElectricMole

ElectricMole
3 months ago#9
At least he’s warning us ahead of hopes getting raised
https://www.twitter.com/E1ectricMo1e
https://archiverse.guide/users/e1ectr1cmo1e

User Info: Gamersoft

Gamersoft
3 months ago#10
kungpowchicken posted...
NintendoGamer83 posted...
Yup.

If you want to compare value to the dollar... take a look at what the competitors offer for $60 (with multiple sales a year to get subscriptions for $40).
Amazing sales on games
Free games every month that aren't decades old. (not knocking NES but Nintendo has the best legacy content, they have the ability be giving customers more)
Excellent party options
Voice chat across games, the whole party can even be in different games.
So much to do with Xbox Gold and PS+ that you don't even question its worth.

With NSO, how many people can sit there and say wow, this is exactly what I wanted?
I love Nintendo as much as the next guy, I want to give them my money.
It is mind boggling with how obvious it is consumers want for things that Nintendo just won't do.
Time to play catch up Nintendo. I think your supporters deserve more.

This. Stop using the lesser price to justify Nintendo's incompetence when it comes to creating a solid online Infrastructure.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Reggie: Don't Expect Nintendo Switch Online To Mirror The Competition
  • Topic Archived