• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Could smash's issues with online hurt sales?

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
3 months ago#21
Trivio posted...
I never had much trouble with Smash U, i keep wondering what people are talking about.
Maybe its a Usa thing that there are problems but as for me and my friends, all in the Eu (Netherlands) we barely had any trouble, ofcourse we had some hiccups but it wasn't as much.

U.S. is huge

So some parts have good infrastructure

Some parts have it s***ty
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://imgur.com/5dkx5Ah

User Info: J22InSpirit

J22InSpirit
3 months ago#22
No... I don't play Smash at all online but still bought it.
Shemoth 14:14 "Yahuah fights for you, and you keep silent."
FC: 4396-1917-0301

User Info: Trivio

Trivio
3 months ago#23
VermilionX posted...
Trivio posted...
I never had much trouble with Smash U, i keep wondering what people are talking about.
Maybe its a Usa thing that there are problems but as for me and my friends, all in the Eu (Netherlands) we barely had any trouble, ofcourse we had some hiccups but it wasn't as much.

U.S. is huge

That makes sense.
" Don't be afraid to ask him the tough questions. When he doesn't know the awnser he will just pretend he didn't hear you. "

User Info: metaphysician

metaphysician
3 months ago#24
VermilionX posted...
Trivio posted...

U.S. is huge

Its more than just that. The size itself poses a problem for latency. Even if all the US had the same high quality internet infrastructure, New York is still over two thousand miles from LA. Even the best internet trickery can't make the speed of light faster.

User Info: kanzagi321

kanzagi321
3 months ago#25
Smash has technically always had poor online, but it still got as popular as it did.

Online problems would only limit ultimate to being as popular as previous entries, but not more.

User Info: Otimus

Otimus
3 months ago#26
It should, but it won't.

Nintendo is never going to learn a lesson about their online. It didn't matter with the Wii, DS, or 3DS, they started to care about it on the Wii U, but the Wii U sold like crap so any lessons they learned there were thrown out the window. The only lesson they learned was that they could charge for some basic, barebones stuff. And it worked!

(That being said, about 75% of my matches have been 100% fine, the other 25% were catastrophically bad, but it wasn't all that much worse lag than any other online fighting game I've played. But I'll openly admit to not playing a ton online. Nintendo's fundamental online problems go well past just lag, though.)

Anyways, for whatever reason, Nintendo is the one company that can more or less get away with doing core functions either horribly, or not even at all, and it not effect them at all. People just f***ing ignore it, and it's annoying. (and I don't just mean online.)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Could smash's issues with online hurt sales?
  • Topic Archived