• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why is everyone excited for boring SMT V but not for Persona5s very likely port?

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
1 month ago#11
yeah! very likely! just like metroid trilogy getting announced at the game awards. VERY LIKELY, GUYS!

User Info: El_Zaggy

El_Zaggy
1 month ago#12
0ofreako0 posted...
yeah! very likely! just like metroid trilogy getting announced at the game awards. VERY LIKELY, GUYS!

or like the monster hunter world switch announcement today!

User Info: elephvant

elephvant
1 month ago#13
Not that interested in either of these games, but it says everything about this site that TC seems to have genuinely been unable to work out the extraordinarily obvious reasons for himself.
Currently Playing: Black Bird, Shikhondo, Horizon Chase Turbo

User Info: Teremei

Teremei
1 month ago#14
Because I loved SMTIV:A and it's freedom to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Not having to follow a guide without worrying "Oh how should I spend my limited time the best way?" I liked the theme of post apocalyptic world instead of the hipster Japanese High School students special midnight team. I liked the music in SMT better than the weird vocals of the jpop in P5.

Not saying P5 is a bad game. If it comes to switch I'll play it. But I'm way more hyped for SMTV because I like SMT more. I liked Persona 1 and 2. After that, not as much.
Currently playing Let's go Pikachu and Octopath Traveller

User Info: Hop103

Hop103
1 month ago#15
Modern Persona sucks, I want my SMT fix.
"In the name of the future moon I shall punish you"-Chibi Moon

User Info: InfinityZERO

InfinityZERO
1 month ago#16
@juzzieb We are literally talking about interests in a hobby you have. There is literally nothing objective about your opinion involving your feelings about a video game. More importantly though, if you don't like the mainline SMT series? THEN STOP BUYING THEM.

"I didn't like SMT4, so I went and bought SMT4-2 and I somehow didn't like that one as well! Why is no one bringing that up!?"
"Learn the lesson that George Lucas fails to learn: despite the fact that you created this series, it doesn't belong in your hands." Langis on Sonic

User Info: Darkdragoon324

Darkdragoon324
1 month ago#17
Because SMT V is new? And most SMT fans are also likely Persona fans and have already played P5?

I'm sure as f*** never getting P5 on Switch, my clear data is on PS4 and no way am I doing a second "first playthrough" just because of portability. When I play it again, I want New Game +.

I mean, I'd be happy for everyone who doesn't have a PS4, but I'm personally not excited for a P5 port.

Also SMT doesn't make as much $$$$ as Persona now does, so it's never a sure thing that there will be a next mainline game, so when there is of course SMT fans get excited about it. I don't think anyone is questioning the likelihood of Persona 6.
"Antagonizing another user by posting about food is disruptive"
- A GameFaqs mod

User Info: creativerealms

creativerealms
1 month ago#18
Because the main SMT series is better then Persona.
Sarcasm is my basic function.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why is everyone excited for boring SMT V but not for Persona5s very likely port?
  • Topic Archived