• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. What would you like from Luigi's Mansion 3?

User Info: BenjaMan64

BenjaMan64
1 month ago#1
First of all, I would like a release date, to be honest.

What about you?
Check yourselves for Hepatitis C. By the time symptoms show up, it may be too late to prevent permanent damage.
Rest in peace, Mom. 12/08/1947-11/10/2018.

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
1 month ago#2
For it to have the 1st game, the 2nd game and a completely new 3rd game all smashed together into one huge, complete, unbroken game.

User Info: Usabell

Usabell
1 month ago#3
SM3DW-like lighting (those lamp stages in the dark were awesome), and finally full 60 FPS gameplay, please.
Consoles shouldn't be about 480p, 720p, 1080p or the prettiest slideshow.
They're about a magical box that outputs wonderful streams of 60 images per second.

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
1 month ago#4
-A fully explorable mansion without any "missions" stopping you.
-Universal use of gold.
-Ghost-catching to have actual challenge as opposed to waiting for a meter to fill up and pressing a button to cheat.
-GOOD BOSS FIGHTS!!
-Meaningful upgrades
Bomberman deserves to be in Smash as a playable fighter. R.I.P. Miiverse 2012 - 2017. R.I.P. Miitomo 2016 - 2018.

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
1 month ago#5
to not get released and make some other 1st party nintendo game

that... or make it have full story mode coop. then i might be interested bec it's coop
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://imgur.com/5dkx5Ah

User Info: stop3

stop3
1 month ago#6
I want it to come out in 2018

User Info: Warmonger222

Warmonger222
1 month ago#7
Something like a mix between 1 and 2. I liked almost everything about 2 a lot better, except the mission structure, where I would prefer it to just be like the first game. I liked how the second game had different mansions with different themes, so I want to see something like that in 3, even though iirc its confirmed to just be one big mansion, at least have different themes for different areas/floors.

I also want it to be longer than either. The first was pitifully short (although pretty replayable). The second was fine, but I'd still like to see it be 30-50% longer

Edit: how did I forget the coop mode. Had WAY more fun with the scarescraper than I would've expected and would love to see 3 have a similar coop mode, but unfortunately with how pitiful the switches online service is the overall online experience probably wouldnt be much better than in 2
"I've read a post like this by someone getting aroused by Mario's head on this site before."
BigEazy

User Info: singhellotaku

singhellotaku
1 month ago#8
StephenYap3 posted...
-A fully explorable mansion without any "missions" stopping you.
-Universal use of gold.
-Ghost-catching to have actual challenge as opposed to waiting for a meter to fill up and pressing a button to cheat.
-GOOD BOSS FIGHTS!!
-Meaningful upgrades

I can't emphasize this enough, the first game had a similar structure to something like resident evil, with one huge mansion that you slowly uncovered as you collected keys and abilites. My biggest issue with dark moon was that it was discreet levels instead.

Beyond that...in the original game each room was effectively a puzzle, with a unique ghost to catch and you had to figure out how to make them vulnerable. Dark moon was mostly just the generic trash mob ghosts you'd fight in the first game's hallways with the special ghosts being far more rare. It was a bummer.

I loved dark moon, but the original is still so much better.
This is your miracle? A TREE? OOooh! look at me I turn sunlight into complex sugars. Big whoop!

User Info: singhellotaku

singhellotaku
1 month ago#9
VermilionX posted...
to not get released and make some other 1st party nintendo game

that... or make it have full story mode coop. then i might be interested bec it's coop

f*** that, Nintendo is at their best when they get weird.

As good as traditional games like Odyssey are, the experimental stuff like Luigi's Mansion and Treasure Tracker are delightful because they are so different from what we usually play.
This is your miracle? A TREE? OOooh! look at me I turn sunlight into complex sugars. Big whoop!

User Info: RomanGhost

RomanGhost
1 month ago#10
The structure, enemy variety, and atmosphere of the first game with the cleaner gameplay of the second game. And a new game+ that isn’t locked behind the Japanese version.
My life is a lie! Somebody's gotta get stabbed.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. What would you like from Luigi's Mansion 3?
  • Topic Archived